Operations Specialist l (1 year fixed term contract) : 00008M67
Employment Type: Fixed term
This position is accountable to accurately and efficiently perform a range of administrative functions to support the funding and servicing of cards and loans (mortgages, lines of credit, demand loans, credit cards). This position is accountable to maintain an efficient routine while conforming to the bank’s operating standards and policies.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Leadership & Teamwork
- Complete most complex processing, operational, servicing and/or accounting-related duties in support of assigned area. Resolve issues as required and refer unusual problems to higher levels.
- May reconcile and balance accounts, verify accuracy of computation and resolve discrepancies.
- Operate various office and/or mechanical equipment including personal computer, typewriter, adding machine, copier, microfilmer, etc., as required to complete duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain appropriate records of activities; prepare daily worksheets and reports as necessary.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- The position makes decisions within assigned authority. Decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to higher management for approval.
- Ensure activities comply with pertinent internal standards and external regulations.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- This position is used in one of the following areas:
- Loan Document Preparation – Prepares standard commercial documents in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Ensures documentation complies with all applicable statutes and regulations and clears exceptions.
- Consumer Credit Originations/Account Entry (Documentation) – reviews standard consumer/commercial loan documentation and collateral for consumer/commercial loans for assigned cost center ensuring receipt of required documentation and compliance with acceptable standards and regulations.
- Consumer Credit Originations/Account Entry (Consumer Finance Operations) – Completes a variety of more complex clerical duties according to established procedures to support timely delivery and quality service to Consumer Finance customers for largest areas or most product lines. Provides some coordination and guidance relative to duties within the unit.
- Student Lending Operations (documentation) – provides support in maintaining current lending files of education loans including reviewing collateral and documentation for deviations from acceptable standards and ensuring receipt and compliance of required documentation.
- Image Support – Prepares, scans and indexes documents for new and existing customers.
- Testing/Routing – Reviews all inbound telegraphic communications which are not auto-routed, identifies originator, tests criteria and internally routes messages to correct destination. Processes undelivered and manual outgoing messages.
- Funds Transfer – Completes data entry or repair of electronically transmitted funds transfer requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Cash Management Services – Responds to and resolves basic telephone and/or written service inquiries on Cash Management product lines according to established procedures and the Company’s service quality focus. Coordinates operational efficiencies with production areas as appropriate.
- Securities Transfer – Examines securities submitted for transfer or redemption for proper requirements, concentrating on complicated transactions. Corresponds with customers to answer inquiries on securities processing.
- Commercial Support – Prepares and maintains collateral and documentation records pertaining to all new and existing commercial loan customers. Reviews collateral and documentation for deviations from acceptable standards and ensures receipt and compliance of required documentation.
- Preferred Servicing – Assists Premier relationship managers in establishing new account relationships for Premier customers while adhering to established procedures and the Company’s quality service focus.
- Direct Sales – Coordinates loan closing activities including interacting with credit to obtain additional information, contacting customers to advise of approvals and any documents required at closing, and scheduling appointments with the branch. Cross-sells a full range of banking services to meet customer needs.
- Licensed Sales – Completes a variety of most complex clerical duties according to established procedures to support delivery of quality service to Insurance and Brokerage customers. Provides some coordination and guidance relative to duties within the unit.
- Internet Banking – Completes a variety of most complex clerical duties according to established procedures to support delivery of quality service to Internet Banking customers. Provides some coordination and guidance relative to duties within the unit.
- Return Items – Processes dishonored negotiable instruments within established Uniform Commercial Code time frames and/or Federal Reserve and Clearinghouse Association procedures using image technology; posts system rejects.
- Adjustments – Researches adjustments received from various internal and external sources within established time frames and/or Federal Reserve and Clearinghouse Association procedures.
- ACH Reconciliation – Applies knowledge of ACH rules and regulations and knowledge and theory of accounting function to balance monetary transactions to data captured via-high speed check processing equipment. Completes complex balancing functions; monitors activity of reconcilement system for immediate on-the-job information as needed.
- Wholesale Lockbox – Processes for deposit, account receivables for Company customers received from post office lock boxes according to established customer-specific plans.
- Proof – Operates a single or multi-pocket proof machine to encode, endorse and balance all incoming batch transactions from branches and departments. Processes deposits, department work, batches and transactions according to acceptable department procedures and practices.
- Microfilm – Operates various micrographic equipment and computer to produce recorded data on photographic film.
- Retail Lockbox – Operates automated mail extractors to complete preparatory functions for Image Remittance Processing, controlling and adhering to customer related workflow documents.
- Printing & Distribution – Completes a variety of functions related to digital production copiers including binding, finishing, and shipping to support Company-wide production of print requests.
- Reconciliation – Applies knowledge and theory of accounting function to balance monetary transactions to data captured via-high speed check processing equipment. Completes complex balancing functions; monitors activity of reconcilement system for immediate on-the-job information as needed.
- Document Processing – Operates mainframe and PC-based high speed processing equipment utilizing various check sort programs and conventional magnetic ink capture and/or image-based technology in the Check Processing Control System.
- Signature Verification – Completes specialized duties relating to validating signatures on presented checks to reduce risk of financial exposure.
- Inserting Services – Operates a multi-station inserter to process high volumes of mail ensuring quality of processing.
- Transaction Processing – Assists in analysis, development, publishing and maintenance of Company communications, procedures, forms and customer disclosures associated with Company programs.
- Legal Processing – Accepts and processes highly sensitive legal documents served to the Company in a timely and accurate manner. Maintains appropriate records and files.
- Factoring Support – Provides operational support for an assigned area of Commercial Services.
- Factoring Claims – Completes record keeping, accounting and filing duties for record maintenance of departmental activities.
- Cards and Loans Back office – Performs specialized research to resolve problems in assigned areas. Respond to customer’s incoming requests via e-Care. Execute various tasks that impact our rewards programs related to the credit card business. Maintain appropriate records of activity and may assist in development and maintenance of procedural manuals.
- Cards and Loans payment processing – Performs a wide range of clerical duties including reconciliation of payment posting within the department for all Canadian business units. Processes incoming mail payments and postdated items. Ensures all monetary transactions are balanced on a daily basis. Maintains and ensures accuracy of tracking records for month-end reports.
Management of Risk
Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Minimum of two years proven and progressive operational experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Proven organizational, planning, analytical, problem-solving, customer service and communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Knowledge of operational policies and procedures for assigned area.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of personal credit (especially mortgages) and account administration gained through minimum of one year experience in both personal mortgage/loan setups.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as well as operate pertinent office and/or mechanical equipment.
- May require the ability to stand for eight hours and lift up to 60 pounds.
Job Field : Operations
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 06-Jan-2017, 13:43:41 Unposting Date : 15-Jan-2017, 23:59:00