ORA Specialist : 00008N06
Employment Type: Regular
To provide operational and administrative support and quality standards to the RBWM business that may be specialized in nature. Overall nature of work is moderately complex.
May provide timely quality resolution of customer service disputes that are received by phone, by mail or by email.
Impact on the Business
- Provides support through the completion of routine and non-routine duties and tasks that are moderately complex in nature either face-to-face or through an alternate channel.
- Completes moderately complex administrative support, processing, operational, servicing and/or accounting-related duties in support of assigned area.
- Act as custodian for cash, combinations, keys, and negotiable securities ensuring procedures and relative records maintained in accordance with established guidelines.
- Adheres to quality, compliance, regulatory and HSBC standards and follows established procedures and policies when completing tasks.
- Maintains appropriate records of activities; prepares daily worksheets and reports as necessary.
- Handles complaints and concerns where possible and appropriate and resolves and refers unusual problems to higher levels.
- Ensures operational risk of HSBC and customers when completing tasks.
- Co-ordinates scheduling for the Personal Bankers to ensure adequate coverage for the day to day operation of the Branch.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to servicing and supporting activities of assigned area.
- Provide necessary approvals and guidance within assigned limits to assigned team. Branches with shared Branch Managers will require cross branch support.
- Provide quality customer service support either face to face or through an alternate channel as required by the business.
- Demonstrates a customer service attitude and may participate in sales campaigns and assisting with mining sales files, identifying sales opportunities and making referrals where appropriate.
- May act as back up HIFC Branch Manager.
- Primary or Back up HBM role supervises the mutual fund sales business conducted within the branch (new accounts and trading activity) and acts as the primary point of contact for mutual fund customer inquiries requiring escalation.
- May provide timely, quality resolution of customer dispute inquiries that are received by phone, by mail or by email according to company policies, procedures and Customer Service standards.
- May answer incoming inquiries from customers and merchants. Utilizes various resource data to immediately answer questions. Resolves challenging inquiries utilizing negotiation skills, while following guidelines in an effort to satisfy the customer.
- May work with other departments to provide resolutions to inquiries in a timely manner.
- May make suggestion to improve service standards.
- Other projects as required.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Exceeds expectations in terms of speed, certainty and efficiency of response.
- Identify and understand customer needs in order to complete transactions and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Act as second level escalation for handling more complex issues as well as a referral point for signing authority and approvals.
- Maintain superior and courteous service to internal and external contacts.
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Promotes and contributes to team-based approach in completing tasks and meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Provide guidance to ORA Associates, Personal Bankers and Premium Bankers.
- Participates in quality, regulatory and compliance training in order to meet performance targets.
- Promotes an environment that supports diversity.
- Demonstrates Group capabilities.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Work is moderately complex and specialized in nature.
- Work involves routine and non-routine duties or tasks and is completed under general supervision.
- Work is completed according to well-defined, established procedures involving sound independent judgment.
- Supervisor or manager provides direction for items exceeding assigned authority or unfamiliar situations.
- Decisions and quality of work have an impact on the functional area and / or customers.
- Role involves exposure to customers as well as external vendors and service providers.
- Role requires ability to effectively handle diverse operational matters and unanticipated events.
- May work in call center or branch environment where systems are available in meeting services quality objectives.
- May be required to work shifts outside of regular business hours.
- Authority Levels
- Manager Level 1 (recommend for Community and Tier B Branch)
- Cash In: 1,000,000
- Cash Out: 1,000,000
- Transfer Limit: 50,000,000
- Clearing Limit: 50,000,000
- Officer Approval for Overlimit Account: 1,000,000
- Manager Level 2 (recommend for Tier A and Flagship branches, Community and Tier B on an as-needed basis e.g. high commercial volume)
- Cash In: 5,000,000
- Cash Out: 5,000,000
- Transfer Limit: 250,000,000
- Clearing Limit: 250,000,000
- Officer Approval for Overlimit Account: 5,000,000
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Secondary school graduation.
- At least 1 year of experience in related role.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Career minded team player and development minded.
- Chargeback experience with MasterCard could be an asset.
- Ability to meet volume, quality and regulatory performance targets.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Proven ability to learn and operate new software and technology.
- High attention to detail with advanced time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, handle large volumes, tight turnarounds and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to embrace change.
- Knowledge of HSBC’s products and services.
- Knowledge of HSBC’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- May require industry-specific courses to serve as back up to the HIFC Branch Manager. To serve as backup HBM the incumbent requires:
- Proficiency requirements*
- 2 years experience selling mutual funds
- Registerable as the BM under the applicable securities legislation.
- World Selection Portfolio certification (training provided by Asset Management Canada, AMCA).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lead and guide others.
- Willingness to be mobile in local area.
- Experience with conflict resolution.
- Understands / speaks second language is an asset.
- Proficiency requirements could include any one of:
- Canadian Securities Course;
- Canadian Investment Funds Course; or
- Investment Funds in Canada AND the Branch Manager Course offered by CSI or IFIC; or
- A Branch Compliance Officers Course offered by Investment Funds Institute of Canadian Bankers.
Job Field : Customer Service
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-West Vancouver
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Region vacancy
Job Posting : 20-Jan-2017, 12:38:52 Unposting Date : 28-Jan-2017, 02:59:00