Chilcotin Holidays is a Guest Ranch in B.C., Canada. We offer four seasons of customized wilderness adventures and are dedicated to providing “Authentic Wilderness” experiences.
We operate in the remote wilderness of the South Chilcotin Mountains, an area renowned for its environmental diversity. We offer photography trips all year round, often staying at one of our mountain camps. Our diverse wildlife and the beautiful scenery allow for endless photography opportunities.
Apart from our tourism based business we specialize in people training, education and environmental studies. We attract people from all walks of life – people who want to challenge themselves and see what they’re capable of, who want to discover new interests, pursue their purpose and live a life that matters.
Do you care for conservation? We do. We offer wilderness experiences that connect people with nature and also promote good stewardship and land management practices. We need passionate individuals who want to get involved.
- Study the requirements of a particular assignment, decide on lighting & background accessories to be used
- Determine the picture composition, make technical adjustments to equipment and photograph subjects, such as students, guests, horses, wildlife and landscapes (as memoirs and for marketing purposes).
- Operate computers to manipulate photographic images by enhancing, retouching and editing them.
- Adapt existing photographic images, create new digitized images to be included in multimedia/newmedia products (for all of our products and services).
- Assist or lead our photography & wildlife viewing tours (run by truck, on horseback or on foot).
- Plan + organize trips: do paperwork, pack gear and supplies, shoe horses for upcoming trips.
- On pack & hiking trips: Take pictures while we travel and afterwards help the lead guide with general camp duties.
- Inspire, motivate and support our guests with your technical know-how, creative ideas & tricks to make the best out of unfavorable situations (bad weather or light).
- Support video projects for social media marketing
- Completion of specialized training in photography or photography course(s)
- Landscape, wildlife, nature + portrait photography
- Technical know-how of DSLR and mirrorless cameras
- Usage of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Horse riding
- Wilderness + nature based travel industry
- Be physically capable to hike, ride horses and carry your own gear when necessary
- Must relocate and live in a remote rural area in the wilderness with limited access to the city
- Take responsibility for your environment, be a proactive wilderness steward
- Valid driver’s license
Knowledge /skills that are an asset:
- Marketing (social media, digital + print media advertising)
- Filming, editing, audio processing
- Packing and shoeing horses
- Planning + organizing day hikes or multi-day treks, backcountry skills
- Second or third language to teach international clients
- Leading groups, leadership skills
- Ability to handle stress, work in a team or independently
- Good time management + organizational skills
- Strong service orientation