Café Joie is one of the most favorite places located in Metrotown and always serves stylish coffee with a minimalist vibe & menu of espresso drinks, macarons & waffle as well as service and big portions to our customers. We are hiring a qualified Pastry Chef.
Term of employment: Full-time and Permanent
Available Position: 1
Compensation: $ 23.00 per hour/40 hours per week
(10 days of paid vacation per year or 4% of gross salary for vacation pay are provided on duties)
- Full responsibility of the kitchen with regards to the planning, preparation, set up, and execution of pastry items such as pastries, cake, and breads etc.
- Preparing desserts and components according to recipes and guidelines
- Create new recipes and plan new menus, especially Asian style pastry
- Maintains sanitation standards throughout the kitchens to comply with Provincial regulations.
- Supervise other kitchen staffs and stewards
- Daily production in an efficient manner while maintaining consistency and quality
- Completion of secondary school
- Three years or more experience as a specialist baker or chef within commercial bakery preparation
- Working knowledge and use of English language
- BC Food Safe Certification (can be applied on site)
- Basic computer skills and mathematics
Note: All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Anyone interested in this job position, please send us your resume by email at email@example.com Only selected candidate will be contacted.
Café Joie Ltd.
110-6125 Sussex Ave. Burnaby BC V5H 4G1