Personal Care Attendant (NOC 6471/4412)
Employer: Private Household
Location of Work: Saskatoon SK
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full time, Part time, Shift, Weekend, Day, Night and Evening
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Credentials: First Aid and CPR
Experience: 0-6 Months
Education: Some secondary school is required, College or other courses in home support may be required
Transportation/Travel Information: Valid driver’s licence, Criminal Record Check
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Work Location Information: Work in employer’s/client’s home
Personal Suitability: Reliability, outgoing, good social skills and able to perform domestic duties.
- Provide care and companionship for individuals during periods of incapacitation
- Administer bedside and personal care to clients such as aid in bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing and undressing
- May perform routine health-related duties such as changing non-sterile dressings, assisting in the administration of medications
- May perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds.
- Perform housekeeping and other home management duties under general direction of employer
- Plan and prepare meals independently or with employer, and may serve meals
Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment.