Company Operating Name: Shoppers Drug Mart
Business address: 380 University Drive, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 5C9
Title of Position: Pharmacist
Terms of employment: Full time; Permanent Position; 37 Hours per week.
Wage: $113,308 / year
Work setting: Community or retail pharmacy
- Compound prescribed pharmaceutical products by calculating, measuring and mixing the quantities of drugs and other ingredients required and filling appropriate containers with correct quantity;
- Dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals to customers, health care professionals and advise them on indications, contra-indications, adverse effects, drug interaction and dosage;
- Ensure proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of vaccines, serums, biological and other drugs and pharmaceuticals;
- Check prescriptions for proper dosage;
- Advise customers on selection and use of non-prescription medication;
- Check prescriptions for therapeutic accuracy;
- Perform medication review service and administering medications by injection;
- Recommend non-prescription medications and minor ailments;
- Collaborate with health care professionals to meet goals of medication therapy; and
- Ensure ordering, storage, inventory and disposal of narcotics and controlled substances as per college requirements.
Additional skills: Order and maintain stock of pharmaceutical supplies; supervise and co-ordinate the activities of other pharmacists, pharmacy assistants, pharmacy technicians and other staff.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Credentials required: Pharmacy examining Boards of Canada Certification and Licensure by Provincial or territorial authorities
Work Experience: 7 months to less than 1 year
Location of work: 380 University Drive, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 5C9
Contact information: Interested applicants must send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome applicants from underrepresented groups to apply.