Our Pharmacies are seeking Pharmacy Assistants that provide meaningful support at the right time to our members for better health and peace of mind.
We are actively looking for Pharmacy Assistants to support the day-to-day operations of the Ontario Pharmacy operation weekdays Monday through Friday 7:30am to 6:00pm.
- Do you want to work with a great team & improve patient lives every single day?
- Do you want to make a difference and improve patient health outcomes every day?
In this role, you will be accountable for processing prescriptions refills, entry of patient care information into Kroll and taking action on member requests. We offer a competitive salary and total rewards package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values: integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
- Accurately process prescriptions through Kroll including third party adjudication and rescheduling of next fill
- Recording and maintaining member information in the CRM system
- Answering questions from patients and/or resolve customer issues according to Ontario College of Pharmacist’s regulations.
- Uphold quality and productivity standards on all transactions
- collecting information, processing RX orders and other types of service requests
- Obtaining prescription transfers from retail pharmacies
- Fax and call renewal requests to doctors and maintain member communications channels to ensure that the member does not run out of medications
- Support auto- notifications and call members for upcoming refills and renewals
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation is entered into the appropriate systems of all contacts (internal/external) to maintain high quality customer service
- Manage team mailboxes/e-mails
- Aid in management assigned tasks and projects
- Work collaboratively with other Registered Technicians, Member Advisors and Supervisors to ensure that best practices are shared
- Other responsibilities commonly performed by retail pharmacy assistants.
- Pharmacy Assistant Diploma or Equivalent Experience
- 0-3 years’ retail pharmacy experience
- Knowledge of healthcare/pharmacy, medical supplies & equipment and claims processing
- Excellent written, verbal and oral communication skills, including knowledge about the correct use of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Experience in a Contact Centre would be an asset
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Bilingualism (French & English) is an asset
- Strong customer service focus
- Computer literate, possessing intermediate skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible to situations and adaptable to change
- A thorough understanding of quality assurance and delivery of service excellence
- Must be able to work within the Pharmacy hours – Monday – Friday 7:30 am to 6:00 pm, occasional Saturdays and statutory holidays. This role may be required to work additional and/or alternate hours/days/shifts when required by management.
- Accuracy in Data Entry is mandatory
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Pharmacy Operations is responsible for ensuring the efficient operations of the Express Scripts Canada pharmacies. This department is responsible for establishing and maintaining corporate standards of quality, productivity and performance in accordance legislative and regulatory requirements. Further, this department is responsible for overseeing the production levels and service standards associated with pharmacy operations.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS CANADA
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in this position however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca.