BC Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations
BC Timber Sales
Dawson Creek, BC
Annual Salary: $55,324.97 – $69,100.38
The Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations is responsible for stewardship of Provincial Crown land and natural resources, and protection of B.C.’s archaeological and heritage resources.
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) is an autonomous organization within the Ministry of Forest, Lands and Natural Resource Operations, with financial and operational independence from regional and district operations. BCTS plans, develops, and auctions a substantial portion of the province’s annual available timber volume. BCTS is responsible for providing a credible reference point for costs and pricing of timber harvested from public land in British Columbia. The vision of BC Timber Sales is to be an effective timber marketer generating wealth through sustainable resource management.
The Planning Forester produces and/or analyzes a wide range of data to develop integrated resource and operational plans, primarily the Forest Stewardship Plan (FSP) and operating plans. The position develops and implements results and strategies to meet the FSP and ensures planning components meet legislative, higher level plan, standard operating, and certification requirements. The Planning Forester works with government staff, industry, First Nations and representatives of public resource user groups to develop strategic and tactical plans to meet the BCTS mandate.
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry and 2 years of experience in operational field forestry (such as forest tenures, cutblock and road development, engineering, silviculture, harvest operations or compliance and enforcement); or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Registration as a Professional Forester or eligible for registration.
- Directly related planning and integrated resource management experience.
- Demonstrated experience organizing and managing complex concurrent initiatives.
- Must possess a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s Licence; travel is a requirement of this position.
For more information and to apply by March 10, 2017, please go to: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=39006
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.