Ministry of Forests Lands and Natural Resource Operations – BC Timber Sales
Salary $61,805.03 – $77,194.06 annually
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) plans, develops, and sells through auction, a substantial and representative portion of the Province’s annual available timber volume. The bid prices received from auctioned timber support the Market Pricing System (MPS) in setting stumpage rates for coastal and interior operating areas of the province. The costs incurred by BCTS also provide data for the Tenure Obligation Adjustments, contributing to another integral part of the MPS.
To find out more about our program check out the BCTS website https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/bcts/
Rewarding opportunities exist for experienced professional foresters within the Timber Sales Office. As a Practices Forester, you perform a wide variety of professional and technical services to support the development and operational stages of pre and post Timber Sale Licence awards and active harvest operations within your field team.
A career path in BC Timber Sales offers exceptional opportunities to develop new solutions to complex problems, to learn and grow personally and professionally. For more information about benefits and other features of a public service career including a pension plan that ranks among the best; and offer a balance between work and life commitments, please visit What We Offer.
Qualifications for this role include:
- a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) with 5 years of current (gained over the past 7 years) and directly related forestry experience, or
- eligible for registration as an RPF with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP) with either a Bachelor of Science in Forestry, Forestry Engineering, or other relevant area and 5 years of current (gained over the last 7 years) and directly related forestry experience, or a related diploma and 7 years of current (gained over the last 9 years) and directly related forestry experience.
- Directly related forestry experience includes timber sales planning, forestry planning or integrated resource management;
- Demonstrated experience managing technical and/or professional staff in resource management.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating/mediating solutions.
- Demonstrated experience organizing and managing complex concurrent initiatives.
- Prefer program administration experience including allocating resources, managing/supervising staff and administering budgets
For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by June 21st 2017, please visit: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=41754