Senior Policy Analyst
Policy Analyst – Finance R27
An eligibility list may be established to fill future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
Develop and Implement policy in the dynamic field of property taxation.
The Property Taxation Branch (PTB) is responsible for the effective and efficient administration of provincial property tax and benefit programs on behalf of the Ministry of Finance, including rural property tax, property transfer tax, homeowner grant and land tax deferment.
As a Senior Policy Analyst you are a valuable member of a talented and accountable group of analysts responsible for planning, analyzing, developing and coordinating administrative property tax, benefit programs and collection policy for the Ministry. Your role includes researching, analyzing and recommending direction on administrative tax policy and legislation issues and developing and evaluating detailed options for proposed legislative initiatives.
Highly motivated and an outstanding written and verbal communicator you effectively provide information and expertise to the Ministry, all levels of government, internal and external stakeholders and other agencies.
This is a unique career building opportunity for an experienced and accomplished policy analyst with proven project management skills and the initiative to develop and implement critical tax policy and legislation.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Deborah.Brouwer@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca. before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in law, public administration, economics, social sciences or relevant discipline and a minimum of three (3) years of recent related experience. An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be considered. Candidates who do not bring a relevant post-secondary degree must have a minimum of five (5) years of recent related experience.
Related experience includes:
- Working in a policy and/or legislative environment providing independent research, analysis and advice on complex issues, including evaluation of options and recommendations.
- Planning and coordinating complex projects/assignments.
- Planning, establishing priorities, developing options and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with officials in various levels of government, industry and/or special interest groups.
- Preference may be given to candidates with either of the following:
- Completion of a law degree or post-graduate degree in public administration.
- At least one year working in a revenue or taxation environment.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire