Senior Policy Analyst
Policy Social/Info/Health R27
An eligibility list may be established.
Apply your expertise in program and policy analysis to support exceptional service delivery!
The Specialized Services Division (SSD) leads the service transformation across the health sector, bringing together key mandated initiatives and specialized services for priority populations adding enhanced value and focus to health sector areas requiring substantive change. SSD is responsible for core service/policy development for specialized services (home and community care, residential care, mental health and addictions, wait times, surgical services, diagnostic imaging) while ensuring a strong linkage to transformation activities and ensuring consistent and coordinated delivery of specialized services to patients.
The Role: As Senior Policy Analyst, Substance Use Prevention & Harm Reduction, you lead and manage the development and implementation of projects and initiatives, including developing and implementing provincial frameworks, policies, programs and strategies to improve the delivery of problematic substance use prevention and harm reduction services in the province. To lead and manage the development and implementation of projects and initiatives including developing and implementing provincial frameworks, policies, programs and strategies to improve the delivery of problematic substance use prevention and harm reduction services in the province.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Sandy.Eagles@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Master’s degree (may be preferred) in public administration, business administration, health administration, law, economics, social work, social science or related field and a minimum of 4 years recent, related experience* OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business administration, health administration, law, economics, social work, social science or related field and a minimum of 5 years recent, related experience* OR
- Diploma in public administration, business administration, health administration, law, economics, social work, social science or related field and a minimum of 6 years recent, related experience* OR
- A minimum of 7 years recent, related experience*
*Recent (within last 7 years) related experience must include:
- Experience in the development of legislation, regulation and/or policy in the health care sector (may be preferred) or social policy sector
- Experience in the monitoring and evaluation of programs and policy
- Experience in planning, managing and coordinating complex projects/assignments
- Experience in concisely and persuasively writing a range of documents/content
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC – A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.