Company: McKinley Hatchery St. Marys Ltd. o/a McKinley Hatchery
Business Information: We are in the hatching and selling leghorn day-old chicks business
Business Address:772 Queen Street E St. Marys, ON, N4X 1C2
Work Location: 74139 Goshen Line, Zurich, ON N0M 2T0
Type of Employment:Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date:As soon as possible
– Packing eggs on carts and pallets
– Keep records of daily production
– Disposal of all egg mass to composter daily
– Feed and tend chicks
-Monitoring animal health
– Detect disease and health problems in poultry
– Walk floor barns looking for dead birds, floor eggs, nests, pads etc
– Set and monitor water lines, air flow, lights and temperature in barns
– Cleaning, sanitation and disinfection of barns, equipment and machinery
– Write daily basic progress reports on: the cleaning schedule, bio security protocols, visitors log book, manure belts
– Follow all implemented biosecurity and animal welfare practices and procedures
– Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
– Being able to adapt to changing work environment and complete any requested additional changes when asked
– Education: Not required
– Experience: Experience is an asset. Training will be provided.
– Worker must be able to sit/bend/walk/stand for extended periods.
– Must be able to complete heavy lifting as required (up to 50 lbs).
– Physically demanding
– Fast paced environment
– Must be able to work inside the bird barns.
Salary:$15.00-16.00 Hourly, 48.00 Hours per week.
Benefits:Transportation, extended medical insurance (prescription drugs, paramedical services), accommodation available at a discounted rate, transportation costs covered if worker needs relocation.
Important Information:6 day work rotation.Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling. Weekends and holidays may be required.
Rotation 1: Wednesday to Monday. From 8:00am to 4:00pm
Rotation 2: Thursday to Tuesday. From 8:00am to 4:00pm
Start times may vary due to time change and when the birds are laying eggs. When the time change comes into play, employees would work from 7:00am to 3:00pm
Apply by e-mail to: sgc54@hotmaiñl.com
Apply by fax to: 519-284-4391
Apply by mail to:P.O. Box 1900, 772 Queen Street E St. Marys, ON, N4X 1C2