- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Alberta NationTalk
Premier Officer : 00008ILV
Premier Officer : 00008ILV
Employment Type: Regular
- To provide superior sales and customer service to meet customer needs through team portfolio management across multiple distribution channels.
- To support Premier Relationship Managers in product sales and relationship management processes.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- Performs a variety of sales and service activities to all customers with the primary focus on Premier customers. Interactions are either face to face or through an alternate channel.
- Based on customer needs, identify sales opportunity, sell or promote referrals of deposits, investment and loan products
- Completes administrative support, processing, operational, servicing and/or accounting-related duties in support of Premier Relationship Managers.
- Monitor, manage and resolve any exceptions by reviewing daily/ weekly reports. Follow-up with customers by phone/email.
- Demonstrates a customer service attitude and may participate in sales campaigns and assisting with mining sales files, identifying sales opportunities and making referrals where appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to area of specialty.
- Handles complaints and concerns where possible. Refers unusual problems to higher levels.
- Ensures compliance, operational and system controls in accordance with HSBC regulatory standards and government regulations.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Anticipate and understand customer needs in order to provide advanced sales, complete transactions and resolve issues with speed, efficiency and certainty.
- Provides exceptional service to both existing and potential customers, focus on Premier customers.
- Act as 1st level escalation for handling Premier customer inquiries and make decisions within assigned authority.
- Liaise with 3rd parties such as solicitors, appraisal specialists, title insurance companies, PFS Lending Solutions, CSC, LAC, etc.
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide efficient administrative sales support to the Premier Relationship Manager (PRM) by completing all processing, transactional, operational, servicing and/or accounting-related duties.
- Work as part of an integrated branch and multi channel Premier management team, proactively supporting others.
- Participates in business development programs within area of specialty to enhance product knowledge, cross selling skills and relationship management skills.
- Actively refers customers to other areas of HSBC where appropriate.
- Demonstrate Group capabilities.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
- Work is moderately complex and specialized in nature and involves mostly straightforward challenges.
- Work is performed under general direction according to set parameters and set sales / performance targets.
- Requires initiative and independent judgment in completing work but supervisor provides direction for unfamiliar situations.
- Work is reviewed for attainment of standards, achievement of targets, adherence to policies, procedures, and timelines.
- Decisions impact the productivity / performance of the functional area, customers and other employees.
- May work in call centre or branch environment where systems are available in meeting services quality objectives.
- May be required to work shifts outside of regular business hours.
- May be required to travel within region to backfill sales responsibilities.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- Secondary school graduation.
- At least 2 years of experience in banking or related industry in a customer service / client facing role.
- Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires Completion of:
- Investment Funds in Canada Course; or Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and
- Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
- Completion of HSBC Way of Selling.
- Completion of basic HSBC Premier training.
- World Selection (training provided by Asset Management Canada, AMCA).
- Career minded team player.
- Proven ability to sell and meet set sales / performance targets.
- Advanced communication and customer service skills.
- Willingness to be mobile in local community.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support the building of strong relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to use Word and Excel.
- High attention to detail with advanced time management and organizational skills.
- University / College degree preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, handle large volumes, tight turnarounds and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to learn and operate new software and technology.
- Knowledge of HSBC’s products and services.
- Knowledge of HSBC’s policies, practices, and procedures within own area.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking ability.
- Competent in conflict resolution.
- Ability to work independent.
- Understands / speaks French and English as well as Mandarin fluently.
- Understands / speaks Cantonese is an asset.
Job Field : Wealth Management.
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 09-Jan-2017, 11:53:04 Unposting Date : 23-Jan-2017, 23:59:00
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: