Established in 2004, the University College of the North (UCN) is an institution devoted to community and northern development, which and reflects the Aboriginal perspective and cultural diversity of northern Manitoba. UCN offers quality education where students can earn certificates, diplomas and undergraduate degrees. More than 400 qualified faculty, staff and Elders provide the best of instruction and support for 2,348 students. There are campuses in the larger centres of The Pas and Thompson, and a network of regional centres in 12 northern communities, including 9 on reserves.
UCN’s Tri-Council has established a strategic direction focusing on:
- Aboriginal and Northern Culture
- Innovative and Responsive Education
- Trades and Industrial Skills
- Student Centeredness
Reporting to the Governing Council the President & Vice Chancellor of UCN will secure and direct resources, take action and measure progress towards accomplishing the objectives.
Working collaboratively with the Learning Council and the Council of Elders in a tri-cameral governance model, the President & Vice Chancellor is an innovative and dynamic educational leader with a proven ability to provide administrative direction in a culturally diverse academic setting.
As the face of UCN, the President & Vice Chancellor builds and nurtures positive relationships with industry partners and key community stakeholders while strengthening the performance and reputation of the institution. This individual will provide leadership and direction to the senior executive team, and guide strategic initiatives forward.
Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree required
- D. preferred
- Administrative experience with a post-secondary educational institution
- Strong commitment to strategic direction that is reflective of the mission and vision of the institution
- A respected community leader with an understanding of Indigenous cultures
- Ability to coach and mentor others to achieve excellence in a diverse, ever-changing workplace
- Exceptional communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to relate with all levels of the institution and stakeholders
- High level of political acumen
- Highly sensitive to multiple and sometimes competing priorities
If you would like more information about this position, please visit http://bit.ly/PVC-UCN or contact Paul Croteau, Managing Partner, Legacy Bowes Group at (204) 934-8821.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this institution as President & Vice Chancellor please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting position #163277.