To improve the health and well-being of Aboriginal People
in spirit, mind, emotion and body by providing Traditional Healing
within an interdisciplinary health care model.
(Anishnawbe Health Toronto’s Mission Statement)
As a fully accredited community health centre, Anishnawbe Health Toronto provides primary health care services to improve the health and well-being of Aboriginal people. We are currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner (RN EC) to work in a full-time continuing position.
The Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (Registered Nurse-Extended Class) is a nurse specialist in primary health care with advanced knowledge and decision-making skills, who practices autonomously to offer the full scope of primary health care nursing practice. The RN(EC) is expected to meet the standards of practice specific to the Extended Class and function in accordance with relevant legislation and standards of nursing practice set out by the CNO. The RN(EC) works within an interdisciplinary health care team to independently and collaboratively provide comprehensive primary and episodic health care to clients with an emphasis on health prevention and promotion, disease prevention and management and health education. The RN(EC) is responsible for supporting the agency’s mission, values, beliefs and philosophy.
- Provides client–centered comprehensive primary and episodic health care to clients, as outlined and appropriate within the Extended Class scope of practice
- Works independently and collaboratively with members of the interdisciplinary team, consulting with other health care professionals when client’s condition is beyond the RN(EC) scope of practice
- Completes follow-up required by client and/or refers when appropriate
- Assists with lab tracking and follow up
- Maintains complete and accurate records of clients’ visits
- Maintains data required by the program, agency, TC LHIN and/or management.
- Participates in regular quality of care chart audits and chart reviews as demonstrated in EMR documentation.
- Performs other related duties as requiredQUALIFICATIONS
- BScN and membership in good standing with the College Of Nurses of Ontario, as an RN with Extended Class
- At least 3 years of experience working as a Nurse Practitioner in the extended role in a community-based setting
- Commitment to working cooperatively in a community-based setting as part of an interdisciplinary team
Anishnawbe Health Toronto offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a commitment to your professional development and a supportive workplace environment.
Anishnawbe Health Toronto is committed to diversity and values the contribution of its employees from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We welcome applications from Aboriginal persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who contribute to greater diversity of perspectives.
(If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know)
Meegwetch to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted