Processor Credit Services (1 year fixed term contract) : 00008MJF
Employment Type: Fixed Term
Completes a broad range of more complex and specialized operational duties within assigned area(s) of the Company, ensuring timely completion and compliance with established internal standards and external regulations.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Complete broad range of more complex processing, operational, customer service and/or accounting-related specialized duties in support of assigned area(s). Resolve unusual issues, investigating their source to minimize or eliminate further occurrences.
- Complete research and compile material for management to render recommendations; provide support to correct identified problems, including work simplification, process design and workflow reorganization.
- May reconcile and balance accounts, verify accuracy of computation and resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain appropriate records of activity and may assist in development and maintenance of procedural and/or training manuals.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
Ensure activities comply with pertinent internal standards and external regulations.
Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
The position makes decisions within assigned authority. Decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to higher management for approval.
Management of Risk
Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Minimum of two years proven and progressive Operations Specialist experience or equivalent.
- Associates degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven organizational, planning, analytical, problem-solving, customer service and communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers.
- Knowledge of operational policies and procedures for assigned area.
- Accounting background/experience; specifically the ability to read and interpret financial statements
- Proficient in Excel.
Nice to Have:
- Bilingual French / English.
Job Field : Operations
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 09-Jan-2017, 16:16:31 Unposting Date : 16-Jan-2017, 23:59:00