- North of 60 NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Program Coordinator Education
KENANOW FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Classification: Program Coordinator
Full-Time Regular Position
The Pas, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Indigenous learners and mature students.
The Position: UCN requires a Program Coordinator for Education Certificate Programs (EAC and ANCS). The Program Coordinator will report to the Dean of Kenanow Faculty of Education, and work with Community Education Coordinators, post-secondary access centre coordinators and external agencies. The Program Coordinator is responsible for appropriate administration and record keeping for the Educational Assistant and Aboriginal & Northern Counselling Skills certificates (EAC and ANCS). The Program Coordinator will work with Enrolment Services to oversee adminission and academic progress of students from application to completion, as well as with external agencies like Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Centre (MFNERC), to ensure appropriate local instructors are used where possible.
- Bachelor of Education with a permanent Manitoba Teaching Certificate (or equivalent from another jurisdiction)
- Minimum of five years’ teaching experience in First Nations or public schools (K-12)
- Demonstrated creative and culturally-relevant instructional practices within an Indigenous perspective; ability to learn from and work with Elders and traditional knowledge keepers
- Minimum of four years’ experience supervising staff as a resource teacher (EAs), school administrator or education director
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational and management skills
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of the role of the educational assistant in the public school classroom
- Ability to manage program delivery in multiple sites with attention to detail and academic integrity
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to deal with issues specific to Indigenous learners and mature students in northern communities
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Indigenous culture
- The ability to speak an Indigenous language
- Post-baccalaureate certificate or diploma in special education, guidance or curriculum
- Experience teaching in a post-secondary education setting
- Experience working with Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Centre of other Indigenous education organizations
- Educational leadership in the public school system with new and emerging teachers
- Demonstrated record of research
- Experience in the public school system mentoring new teachers
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Ability to travel across the province to remote and rural communities as needed
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 19-048
Closing Date: June 20, 2019; however, will remain open until filled
Salary Range: $33.34 to $41.63 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: