DELIVERING SERVICE EXCELLENCE
The Region of Durham, dedicated to maintaining outstanding standards of service, relies on the expertise and commitment of our employees. You’d be surprised at the diverse career choices we have to offer! If you seek a career with growth and challenge, where quality and accountability work in tandem with integrity and a responsiveness to change, we welcome you to learn more about us.
Program Manager, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Job ID 13315
The Region of Durham is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community and organization, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, women, persons with disabilities, people from LGBTQ2S+ communities, and people from other diverse communities.
In accordance with the AODA Act, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.
Reporting to the Manager, Talent Acquisition and Organization Development, as an inclusive leader who demonstrates integrity and client focus, the incumbent will develop, implement and support equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) programming to assist in the continued EDI skills development of Region of Durham staff, enabling the organization to be recognized as Inclusive Durham.
The incumbent will:
- Lead the execution of the Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and operational actions
- Develop and promote initiatives to create a more equitable, diverse and inclusive work environment
- Develop, implement and support learning and education related to EDI
- Manage strategic planning and management of initiatives to promote EDI priorities
- Oversee and manage the process for EDI data and metrics collection
- Collaborate with internal/external partners to develop and deliver EDI programs and services
As an inclusive leader and excellent communicator with demonstrated collaboration and relationship building skills, the successful applicant will possess:
- A post-secondary diploma/degree in a related discipline
- Several years experience in a relevant EDI role, or Human Resources role with EDI responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience with EDI programs and projects, resources, tools, and concepts
- Strong knowledge of EDI community considerations and familiarity with Human Rights legislation
- Strong presentation, project/program management and facilitation skills
- The ability to demonstrate creative and progressive thinking
Preferred skillsets, or willingness to learn, would include:
- A certificate in Leadership and Inclusion or a related program
- Adult education philosophies and eLearning methods and programs
Salary: $91,364 to $114,205 per annum
To learn more about this opportunity, please visit our website at: https://bit.ly/2CMKtR7
and apply online directly to Job ID#13315 no later than July 29, 2020.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.