Please note: The salary reflects 2016 rates.
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Conducts research into assigned areas ensuring that such research takes into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government.
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Coordinates and manages the implementation of identified cross divisional projects for the improvement of the review of land development applications. Works with the Manager, Business Performance and Standards and Stakeholders to define the scope of projects and develops project work plans and schedules.
- Finalizes the detailed inventory of all current development policies, standards and business processes, and identifies information gaps and opportunities for more efficient interdivisional coordination.
- Leads and supports interdivisional working groups, sets agendas, documents programs and reports findings and conclusions relating to the development application review process.
- Collects, analyzes, evaluates and interprets data/information, and reports on findings and recommendations for divisional initiatives and activities for the purpose of improving efficiencies and effectiveness of the Development Application Review Process.
- Recommends and manages consultant’s studies as required including the preparation of Terms of Reference and Request for Proposals for approved consultant studies.
- Coordinates project activities and provides direction to consultants as required. Monitors work output and ensures results are achieved within specified time frames and on budget.
- Designs Divisional action plans for service delivery improvements, operations and practices, and develops strategies/policies/programs and action plans, to achieve approved time frames and technical requirements Identifies and recommends project options with short/medium and long term implementation periods.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships among staff of those City Divisions involved in development related issues.
- Prepares and implements communication plans and material and training to meet divisional objectives and communications including E-newsletters and Web based platforms.
- Represents Business Performance & Standards Manager and City Planning Division at meetings with Stakeholders.
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Planning, Geography, Architecture or the approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in the development process related to one or more of the subject areas of planning, building regulation, engineering and associated municipal servicing issues.
- Extensive experience with managing complex multi-stakeholder projects.
- Extensive facilitation and project management experience, including the definition of project purpose and objective, project activities, milestones and deliverables, monitoring and tracking progress, and communication to stakeholders.
- Experience with CSDC’s AMANDA platform, the City’s IBMS or equivalent workflow tracking systems.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in assessing and reviewing data, standards and services to identify best practices and opportunities for improvements in service delivery.
- Knowledge of the planning process, zoning by-law and the Official Plan.
- Ability to conduct detailed and/or non-structured research or analysis with minimum supervision, within tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work cooperatively with others in an interdisciplinary team.
- Familiarity with government legislation in the area of occupational health and safety.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong customer service orientation along with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent problem solving, leadership, facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team, collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary environment and to work independently as required.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.