Company: International Exhibition Services Inc.
International Exhibition Services Inc. offers professional exhibition display management, innovative design and superior construction, with exceptionally high standards.
Business Location: 11420 Blacksmith Place, Richmond, BC, V7A 4X1
Work location: The main work location will be Vancouver (IES facility in Richmond).
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Estimate cost of projects and prepare detailed specifications,
- Work with other disciplines,
- Create interior spaces that reflect clients’ needs and tastes,
- Develop detailed plans and 3-D models showing arrangement of walls, dividers, displays, lighting and other fixtures,
- Develop plans, elevations, cross sections and detailed drawings,
- Consult with clients to determine needs, preferences, safety requirements and purpose of space,
- Advise on selection of colours, finishes and materials, lighting, furniture and other items, taking into account ergonomic and occupational health standards
- Manage business or office,
- Supervise staff or team,
- Read blueprint, schemas and drawings
Education: A university degree or college diploma in interior design /arts is required
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of work experience as a project manager in the exhibition Industry
-Attention to detail, flexibility, organized, effective interpersonal skills, client focus, team player, initiative, accurate.
-Ability to work independently
– As one of the target markets of our company is the German market, cultural knowledge and language is an asset
Skills and knowledge required:
-technical knowledge: System material (Octanorm and Syma structure) used as sub-construction in combination with wooden solutions to create stable connections, find easy solutions for all different kind of stands.
-production knowledge: In order to support the carpentry in production schedules, order of material to keep the production running, keep the machinery working
-pricing / calculation: In order to offer the client high quality solutions for a reasonable price the candidate has to know the price differences of materials, the required hours for production
-material knowledge: knowledge of different kinds of wood, fabric, glass, steel and new material to get a high quality result
-graphical knowledge: every booth has graphical layouts and hangings sign, necessary required files, resolution, color details, available material. Handling of supplier: detailed agreements about the quality, remarks, discounts, material, lead time, etc.
Microsoft Office, CAD is required
Microsoft Navision, Photoshop, Graphics, A/V knowledge are an asset
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 hourly, 40.00 Hours per week. Work schedule will be Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Position requires flexibility in scheduling- overtime and weekend hours may be required. Expected travel to international venues 3-4 months per year.
Benefits: We provide dental, medical and disability insurance. Travel allowance and incentives.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 11420 Blacksmith Place, Richmond, BC, V7A 4X1