Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Hydro One Telecom offers communications and IT solutions to organizations with broadband network requirements utilizing our fiber optic network to provide diverse, secure and highly reliable connectivity in the Ontario market and extending to Montreal, Buffalo and Detroit. We deliver these solutions to utilities, carriers, financial institutions, enterprises, public sector organizations and more. Our business solutions include IP VPN, Ethernet, Wavelength Services, Internet Transit, and Digital Private Line. Our customers rely on our solutions to connect offices and data centers for mission critical applications with improved diversity. Our low latency solutions and detailed, customized approach to network design are essential for delivering these sophisticated solutions.
POSITION: Product Manager, New Product Introduction
LOCATION: Hydro One Telecom Head Office, 65 Kelfield Rd, Toronto, Ontario
You are a talented professional looking for a career, not a job and dedicated to excellence in project management. The Product Manager works closely with the Product Development team, Network and Technology Development team, Operations, IT and Product Development to lead and support profitable growth initiatives through project planning, budgeting, and execution related to New Product Introduction.
You will rely heavily on your superior business analytical skills to manage project deliverables and budgets as well as to add value to other areas of the PMO team and help deliver key elements of the company’s strategic objectives for revenue and profitability growth.
Your natural ability to establish strong working relationships while increasing profitability for the company is exactly what we are seeking. You are tenacious and charismatic in your approach to resolving obstacles and results-driven and action-oriented to getting the job done right.
As part of your DNA, you are an aggressive, self-starter, with the proven ability to build executive relationships, articulate Hydro One Telecom’s business requirements and business strategies, and create win/win/win situations for Hydro One Telecom, our customers and our vendors.
- Develop and manage all aspects of the Telecom New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Define, manage and implement the HOTI product roadmap (on-time, on-budget, on-spec). Products will be based on technology platforms that include IP, optical, security, cloud services and unified communications.
- Negotiate and manage project deliverables, schedules, timelines and costs from concept to deployment and business readiness. Communicate to all stakeholders on project progress against designed plan, requirements, quality measures, compliance with processes, highlight risks and issues, drive resolution and escalate when required to resolve issues, variances and develop actions plans to manage changes or issues.
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, engineering, procurement and operations primes to prioritize and schedule project deliverables.
- Create and obtain approval on business plans and business cases to support specific projects.
- Accountable for budget tracking and reporting for individual projects.
- Responsible for contract negotiations and contract management with external third parties.
- Manage vendor and external resource deliverables, commitments and communication.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Business Analytics, Marketing or related curriculums or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of related experience in Product Marketing including Product Management and New Product Introduction.
- Strong business acumen must include experience in preparing business cases for revenue opportunities and product development projects.
- Previous Project Management experience as it relates to New Product Introduction in the telecommunications and IT sector.
- Requires experience with product introduction projects from ideation, planning, business case preparation and approval all the way to building the product complete with product marketing, product catalogue, technology development, operational processes and CRM, sales enablement and product launch activities.
- Ability to lead and direct cross functional departments and resources toward business and project objectives.
- Stakeholder and relationship management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Visual Basic, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data to draw appropriate conclusions.
- Sharp attention to detail with the ability to spot inconsistencies and troubleshoot potential issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating persistence and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to translate complex data into manageable and useful insights.
- Professionalism, positive attitude, and the ability to work well with diverse perspectives are keys to success in this position.
- Ability to lead multiple work streams or project teams to execute against an existing project or work plan
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2019.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: September 30, 2019
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.