Note: Salary/Rate (Annually) reflects the 2016 rates.
Reporting to the Manager Business Operations & Change Initiatives, this position is responsible for providing project management leadership, coordination, support and documentation of the 311 project schedule.
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements
- Supervises, motivates and trains assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others
- Supervises the day to day operation of all assigned staff including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work. Authorizes and coordinates vacation and overtime requests. Monitors and evaluates staff performance, hears grievances and recommends disciplinary action when necessary
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations
- Oversees the project schedule for the 311 project and oversees/manages a team of professional and/or support staff
- Conducts research, documents, monitors, controls, analyzes and formulates recommendations for project management of 311 utilizing Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) principles
- Contributes to the overall change management leadership required to implement organizational changes, re-engineered or new processes, new technologies, etc.
- Works with the sub-project staff and appropriate Divisional staff to manage the project work plan, schedule and work breakdown structures
- Produces project documentation such as project charters, project plans, performance reports and approvals and related policies and procedures
- Leads and/or liaises with, and participates in, staff working groups, Committees and external groups
- Ensures appropriate project management systems are developed and implemented to provide effective controls
- Provides information and guidance to the 311 Project Management Office (PMO)
- Monitors work output and ensures results are achieved within specified time frames, resource allocation and budget constraint initiatives
- Designs and administers templates/models in support of projects, policy and process analysis
- Participates on project teams as a resource, in either a leadership or membership capacity, to acquire and share information in support of cross corporate or divisional initiatives
- Conducts special operational research and analysis on divisional programs and business processes as required
- Develops and manages cooperative relationships with assigned Divisions of the City to ensure adequate resources are available to achieve project goals
- Supports the goals of the 311 PMO and 311 Project
- Ensures dissemination, reporting and communication of 311 Project information to/from PMO and assigned Divisions as well as all appropriate stakeholders
- Considerable project management experience in a major public or private sector organization.
- Considerable experience in analysis of business processes and process flow mapping.
- Considerable experience leading, motivating and managing staff in a fast paced customer service environment.
- Experience in database development and management, and knowledge of document collection and retrieval, and records and information management.
- Experience in the analysis of operational and performance data.
- Experience with computerized office systems including MS Project, MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Visio.
- Project Management Professional Certification is considered an asset.
- Ability to facilitate small and large group meetings and working sessions.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and applying relevant information to support business analysis and decision making.
- Ability to initiate, lead and implement progressive change for the purposes of re-designing and/or streamlining services and associated business processes, policies and procedures.
- Effective leadership skills to function as a team leader and member of a management team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams, and to establish effective working relationships with staff, client divisions, outside agencies and/or politicians and other levels of government.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to ensure performance quality and continuous improvement.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and set clear directions and design terms of references and work processes.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills along with oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to challenging situations while organizing, prioritizing and managing workload under strict time constraints.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and work independently.
- Familiarity with Collective Agreements, Ontario Statues, including Occupational Health and Safety Act, employment standards, labour and human rights and other applicable government legislation.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com quoting the job ID #2264355 and the job classification title.