Build a career with one of BC’s Top Employers!
BC Housing is a trusted leader and partner in providing housing solutions for British Columbians. Through safe, affordable and quality housing, we truly make a positive difference in people’s lives and communities.
We have an exciting opportunity for multiple, full-time Project Technologists to play a pivotal role in the renovation and renewal of social housing buildings across the Province. Based at our conveniently located Burnaby office and traveling to sites when required, you’ll experience a sense of accomplishment as you work on a range of housing properties, overseeing design and construction and ensuring compliance with municipal standards.
As a Project Technologist, you’ll use your critical thinking skills and knowledge of BC Building Code/municipal approval process to review specifications, perform site inspections, manage the work of consultants and contractors, complete contract administration, and provide technical services support, as required.
Of course, no two days are likely to be the same in this role. If you’re seeking a rewarding opportunity that offers lots of challenge, collaboration, and a healthy work/life balance, this could be the role for you!
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have great communication skills, a positive attitude and a diploma from a building, engineering or architectural technology program. Eligibility for designation as an AScT (Applied Science Technologist) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) with ASTTBC (Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of BC) is a definite advantage, but not essential. Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Specific training in building envelope principles, industry standards, regulatory requirements, construction contract administration and sound construction practices
- At least two years’ broad-based technologist experience
- Previous contraction administration experience (including CCDC contracts)
- Exposure to the design or construction of multi-unit residential projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and construction software
Most importantly, we’re seeking candidates who share the values of our organization and who are committed to helping those in need. You’ll also be able to read and critique construction drawings and have experience inspecting new and existing buildings and estimating construction costs. Some exposure to building envelope assessment reports is considered an asset.
Due to the nature of this role, a valid BC driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel is also required.
This year, BC Housing has once again been recognized as one of BC’s Top 55 Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers! That doesn’t happen by accident. We know that our team of talented and compassionate employees is our greatest asset and ensuring their health and well-being is our number one priority.
Here are just some of the ways we look after our team:
- Three weeks’ annual vacation, flexible working arrangements and additional paid personal days off to help you achieve work/life balance
- Flexible benefit options customized for you and your family
- Generous maternity and parental leave top-up payments so you can spend more time with your family
- A wellness rewards program that promotes physical activity and mental well-being
If you want to build a successful and rewarding career with BC Housing, please apply online at www.applyfirst.ca/job84064