I·SPARC is seeking a candidate to fill the following temporary full-time staff vacancy: Provincial Coordinator, Performance Sport (12-month maternity leave coverage). Reporting to the Director of Sport, the primary role of the Provincial Coordinator – Performance Sport is to oversee I·SPARC’s youth-based competitive sport programs, inclusive of Provincial Championships, Athlete Development Camps, and all related Team BC initiatives. The Provincial Coordinator – Performance Sport will coordinate and facilitate the decision-making processes of the organization’s Provincial Sport Committees and establish collaborative partnerships with First Nations, Friendship Centres, Métis Chartered Communities, and Provincial Sport/Multi-Sport Organizations to assist in the design, delivery, and evaluation of these programs. The ideal candidate will possess an extensive background in the area of sport and project management.
COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
• Post-secondary level education in a relevant discipline
• Applied knowledge of Aboriginal community issues
• Extensive work experience in the area of competitive, performance based sport
• Experience in event coordinating and project management
• Strong verbal and written, communication and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Exceptional organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Able to work independently with limited supervision
• Available to travel to support the design and implementation of programs throughout the province, requiring a flexible work schedule, access to vehicle and a valid driver’s license)
• Successful completion of criminal record and vulnerable sector checks
Term: Temporary full-time employment (maternity leave coverage; ending October 25, 2019)
Salary: Commensurate with experience/qualifications.
Location: Office space will be established in a central location near to the successful candidate. The BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres (BCAAFC) serves as the official Host Agency of I·SPARC. Accordingly, the Provincial Coordinator will be employed by the BCAAFC.
Please submit COVER LETTER, RESUME, and THREE REFERENCES (name and contact info) via the online form:https://aboriginalsportbc.wufoo.com/forms/employment-app-prov-coord-12mo-maternity-leave/, no later than 4:59 pm, Tuesday, October 16, 2018. Address your cover letter to attention of Lara Mussell Savage, Director of Sport.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: