Receptionist – Downtown Toronto : 00008T7K
Employment Type: Regular
To provide a full range of administration and reception services to the team, including operational, customer service, and processing support as required, ensuring deadlines are met. The role holder is expected to provide a high quality service to their internal and external customers, taking ownership and using their initiative to complete necessary tasks.
Impact on the Business
- Provide full administration/reception/office support to the team, as required, anticipating workload and supporting with appropriate materials
- Reply to and formulate correspondence on behalf of the Line Manager or team
- Manage line manager or team e-mails and inbox’s as required – responding, prioritizing and printing
- Manage Line Manager or team diaries as required – organizing meeting and booking rooms
- Ensure meeting papers, agenda items, presentations and MI are collated for meetings
- Monitor meeting action items as appropriate, advising Line Manager/team of progress
- Prepare presentational materials (PDFs, presentations, agendas, minutes, etc)
- Prepare, reconcile and submit all expenses in a timely manner
- Place stationery orders via BuySmart for general office supplies, business cards, diaries, etc.
- Use of MS Office to produce and type documents
- Manage and control projects on behalf of the Line Manager/team
- Co-ordinate travel and accommodation requirements, including obtaining visas as required
- Ad hoc duties as required by the team or business
Customers / Stakeholders
- Gives support to their line manager and team at all times
- Works collaboratively with their immediate and wider team members
- Focuses on the end user – the HSBC customers at all times
- Owns and resolves issues with all stakeholders or customers and understands how and when to escalate
- Deal effectively and efficiently with external Suppliers
- Fully understands the media policy and how this applies to their role
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Individuals are responsible for their own effectiveness, development and results. People performing a sole transactional role or one of a more generalist nature
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, values, goals and culture in personal behavior, actions and decision making
- Take personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role
- Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards
- Awareness of all elements of Operational Risk associated with the role
- As appropriate, participation in technical and soft skills training
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Achieving customer excellence in every contact
- Supporting a Manager or small team in a challenging and ever changing environment
- Understanding updates on procedural changes and compliance
- Working under pressure
- Working within a demanding environment, the roleholder is involved in the full spectrum of work and/or issues dealt with by their team. This role requires the jobholder to have a good knowledge and understanding of their business area and how it operates.
- They may be required to provide training or mentor more junior team members.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience working in an administrative role or team
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with experience of working under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability of using their initiative
- Advanced computer and IT skills, including all Microsoft packages
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively
Job Field : Adminstration & Secretarial
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 15-Feb-2017, 15:12:31 Unposting Date : 23-Feb-2017, 02:59:00