Employer: VRP Logistics Inc.
VRP Logistics is a premier asset-based carrier specializing in transportation of refrigerated freight, Auto parts, and industrial goods along with Flatbed transportation. We started our services in 2015 after years of rich experience in the transportation industry. Our experience and ‘Customer first’ approach have helped in our ability to deliver quality transportation services to our customers. Our experience in handling heavy haul transportation projects across Canada all the way up to the Atlantic has made us the preferred transportation choice. Our head office is located at 1 Brisbourne Grove, Scarborough, Ontario, M1B 1P2.
Nature of Employment: We are presently looking to fill a permanent, full-time position at our Brampton office: 25 Production Road, Brampton, ON L6T 4N8.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: $28.85 per hour
Benefits: 10 Vacation Days, Disability, Dental, and Extended Medical Insurance is offered.
Number of Positions: 1
The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for managing our corporate recruitment needs by ensuring that we find, attract, and recruit the best candidates for our job positions. The Recruitment Specialist works in the human resources department and serves as an intermediary between candidates and hiring managers during the recruitment process.
- Initiate and engage in full-cycle recruitment of job positions for multiple work locations across North America;
- Provide updates and status reports to hiring managers on a regular basis;
- Identify staffing requirements for company work locations;
- Prepare and post job advertisements on various job sites and job boards;
- Collect, screen, and review job applications in accordance with the job position requirements;
- Contact and arrange job interviews with selected applicants;
- Lead phone and in-person interviews with prospective candidates;
- Contact successful applicants of the recruitment process and prepare job offers;
- Provide guidance to employees on the company’s staffing policies and procedures;
- Attend Career and Job Fairs and engage in outreach to prospective candidates;
- Facilitate new employee orientation;
- Complete staff terminations;
- Conduct exit interviews and report results to management;
- Maintain recruitment database system and file management processes related to hiring and termination for all company personnel;
- Participate in human resources technology groups and forums, and attend webinars to stay updated on recruitment software capabilities and enhanced functionality;
- Adhere with the company’s safety protocols; and
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Skills Requirements
- Completion of a post-secondary degree/diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a field related to personnel management is required;
- At least six (6) months of work experience in Human Resources or personnel administration is required;
- Prior recruitment experience in the Transportation industry is an asset;
- Good working knowledge and proficiency with the following programs is required:
- ADP WorkforceNow
- Microsoft Office
- Workable ATS
- Good working knowledge and proficiency with the following programs is an asset:
- Experience with HRIS PeopleSoft and SAP is preferred
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and other social media channels as a means of sourcing candidates is an asset
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be responsible, a team player and have good time management skills.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume