Recruitment & Training Coordinator
Two Year Contract
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, the Recruitment & Training Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment of new staff, training under the legislated new worker authorization process for mandated protection workers, public engagement and other administrative tasks as required.
- Coordinate recruitment activities:
- Post and advertise for job openings.
- Maintain resume and applicant profile database.
- Screen resumes and employment applications.
- Schedule and coordinate candidate interviews.
- Verify applicant references, certifications, licenses, and educational credentials.
- Plan, coordinate and administer all aspects of training programs for all staff as required.
- Assess training needs, schedule and coordinate training courses with internal and external training providers.
- Keep record of attendees and all documentation related to the training.
- Coordinate, schedule and monitor re-certifications as required.
- Track, communicate and ensure DBCFS authorized worker numbers will be sufficient for Designation.
- Public Engagement & Networking
- Deliver information about DBCFS’s human resource needs to community members throughout the catchment area with regard to: employment opportunities (current, short-term, long-term), salary ranges for the various careers, educational requirements for various positions, experience requirements for various positions, etc.
- Develop a strong network between DBCFS and employment, training and education officers throughout the catchment area to improve their knowledge of DBCFS and ongoing human resource needs.
- Develop a strong network between DBCFS and high schools, colleges, universities and training institutes to ensure DBCFS is recognized as a quality employer for career path guidance and referrals of promising social work graduates.
- Liaise between employees and management in a courteous and professional manner.
- Regularly liaise with Director of Services about training and recruitment needs.
- Prepare department reports as requested.
- Lead special projects as assigned.
- Other Duties
- Ensures the effective implementation of other duties as determined by the Human Resource Manager.
The successful applicant should have:
- a post-secondary degree or diploma in human resources, or a combination of experience and training
- a minimum of 2 years related experience in Human Resources
- ability to work flexible hours;
- ability to travel, possess a valid class “G” driver’s license and a reliable vehicle with $2 million liability insurance;
- an acceptable Driver’s Abstract;
The successful applicant will have:
- a strong knowledge base of the required training process for protection workers
- a good understanding and working knowledge of HR policies and procedures and employee relations
- excellent verbal and written communication skills with a positive attitude
- the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- interpersonal, analytical and organizations skills with attention to detail
- demonstrated aptitude for continuous learning and innovative thinking
- have a solid background in the use of computers with specific knowledge of MAC computers and applications including Microsoft Office suite
The successful applicant will demonstrate ability to:
- relate effectively to staff and management as a diplomatic and flexible team player
- work effectively with the management and staff of other programs/agencies
- ability to work independently with initiative and leadership
- exercise good judgement, analytical, and decision-making skills
- work flexible hours as required
- provide an acceptable CPIC and VPSS
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000
Closing Date: Open Until Filled (First Screening: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 12:00 noon)
Only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
For full Job Description please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send DBCFS Employment Application, cover letter, resume and 3 work related references to:
Laurie Paudash, HR Manager
Dnaagdawenmag Binnoojiiyag Child & Family Services,
517 Hiawatha Line,
Hiawatha First Nation, ON, K9J 0E6
- Persons of Aboriginal ancestry and members of DBCFS First Nations are encouraged to apply and identify themselves in their cover letter.
- Job description subject to Board approval.