The First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) is currently looking for a dedicated, energetic Regional ICT Support Assistant to join our hard working team who work collaboratively and diligently to improve education for all First Nations students in BC. Since 1992, FNESC, led by a strong and diverse board of over 100 First Nations community representatives, has worked in partnership with the First Nations School Association (FNSA), and the Indigenous Adult Higher Learning Association (IAHLA). Communications, research, partnership-building, resource development and advocacy are all part of the work we do to advance issues in First Nations education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all incoming emails, telephone calls, voicemails and web logged issues from First Nations schools and FNESC;
- Monitors software/hardware and Education Technology trends and issues so proactive solutions can be implemented as needed;
- Coordinates training for First Nations schools;
- Communicates effectively with Central ICT Helpdesk;
- Manages all ICT related equipment in the schools, namely computers, printers, AV equipment, photocopiers, fax machines, fax services, and network servers;
- Manages the collection and entry of data for the projects required;
- Provides administrative assistance to other members of the ICT team as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- A technical certificate or diploma in technology;
- A minimum of one year of ICT support and program coordination experience in a busy office environment; or
- An equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Vehicle (reliable, insured, and fuel efficient) and valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Ideally an understanding of First Nations education and experience working in education
Hours of Work:
This is a full-time temporally position for one year. 35 hours per week. However, the nature of this position is such that some additional time with notice may be required and there is a possibility of work on weekends or during the evenings.
One position. Full-time temporally for one year.
FN Schools in the province of BC:
90% of this job is travel.
The salary for this position is $44,000 per year.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in FNESC. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are only able to respond to those applicants who are selected for an interview. We cannot respond to telephone or email inquiries.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com