Build a rewarding career with Wasagamack Health Authority & First Nation
As the operators of home and community care services, public health, and other community-based health programs, the Wasagamack Health Authority is committed to improving the health and wellness of community members. The First Nation also operates a nursing station on-reserve.
Located on the western shore of Island Lake, Wasagamack First Nation is approximately 12 kilometers north of St. Theresa Point. The sixth largest lake in the province, the landscape forms part of the Canadian Shield and is home to diverse wildlife and breathtaking scenery. The community is accessible by a 4,000-foot airstrip with charter services, as well as docks for float planes and boats.
About the opportunity
The Wasagamack Health Authority currently has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our friendly and welcoming team on a full-time basis.
Based Wasagamack, this role is responsible for the coordination of public health and the successful candidate will perform all duties in accordance with licensure by College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
Primary responsibilities include:
- Attending home visits and school visits, including immunizations
- Providing education on public health issues to improve awareness and prevention
- Other public health-related activities, as needed
The ideal candidate
To qualify for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor of Nursing or Registered Nurse with suitable experience (recent graduates are also encouraged to apply)
- Current CRNM registration in good standing
- Several years of nursing experience (public health nursing preferred)
- Immunization certification (exam available)
- An understanding of population health needs and respect for Aboriginal traditional ways
- The ability to organize and implement home visits and clinics
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A caring, supportive and accepting approach
A valid driver’s license is required and full training will be provided.
If you’re looking for a new and rewarding challenge, apply to join our team today. Please submit your application ONLINE at www.applyfirst.ca/job87344