The Registered Technician works closely on a daily basis with the Member Contact Centre and the Pharmacy to process member prescription requests. The technician will be responsible for processing prescription refills through Kroll and responding to and taking action on member requests as appropriate within his/her scope of practice.
- Accurately process prescriptions through Kroll including third party adjudication and rescheduling of next fill
- Answer questions and/or resolve customer issues according to BC’s College of Pharmacist’s regulations. uphold quality and productivity standards on all transactions
- Fax and call renewal requests to doctors and maintain member communications channels to ensure that the member does not run out of medications
- Support auto notification and call members for upcoming refills and renewals
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation is entered into the appropriate systems of all contacts (internal/external) to maintain high quality customer service
- Manage team mailboxes/e-mails
- Aid in management assigned tasks and projects
- Work collaboratively with other Registered Technicians, Member Advisors and Supervisors to ensure that best practices are shared
- Registered Pharmacy Technician licensed in BC
- Excellent written, verbal and oral communication skills, including knowledge about the correct use of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of healthcare/pharmacy, medical supplies & equipment and claims processing
- Strong customer service focus
- Computer literate, possessing intermediate skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient in Kroll software
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible to situations and adaptable to change
- A thorough understanding of quality assurance and delivery of service excellence
- Excellent organizational skills, effective time management, and the ability to shift priorities working within established timelines
- Demonstrates initiative (learn processes and procedures, various benefits) and displays self-motivation to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve and mediate difficult situations.
- Results-oriented paying attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Accuracy in Data Entry is mandatory
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS CANADA
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in this position however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca.