Senior Health Information Advisor
Research Officer 27
**Closing Date Extended**
An eligibility list may be established.
An opportunity to utilise your exceptional research expertise in health sector stewardship
The Health Sector Information, Analysis and Reporting Division (HSIAR) sets the foundation for the delivery of high quality health sector information, analytics and reporting. The Division leads key information management functions including data stewardship, governance, security, access, analytics and reporting, quality assurance, performance measurement and evaluations functions.
This position formulates responses to proposed data-sharing initiatives and negotiate and develops legal agreements involving multiple data sources, legislative authorities and stakeholders, including in relation to data access requests for research purposes. The position ensures Information Sharing/Research Agreements conform to legislative and policy requirements, that appropriate and enforceable data protection provisions are included, and that business requirements are appropriately reflected in all agreements.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact JanPaolo.Chua@gov.bc.ca, for hiring competition enquiries, please contact Karen.Ryall@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- University degree in Law, Information Systems, Health Informatics, Social Sciences, or other related discipline and a minimum of 3 years recent related experience; OR
- A Diploma in Law, Information Systems, Health Informatic, Social Sciences or other related discipline and a minimum of 5 years of recent related experience may be considered; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Recent related experience must include all of the following:
- Experience researching, analyzing, synthesizing and preparing information and briefing materials for decision-makers on policy, strategic, and/or business/operational matters.
- Experience interpreting, applying and providing advice on legislation.
- Experience leading diverse project teams and managing projects in accordance with accepted project management standards and principles.
- Experience establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with business clients, partners and stakeholders.
- Experience developing or supporting the development of policies and procedures that enable or support business/operational or strategic objectives.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience with or knowledge of research, and in particular health research, processes and protocols (e.g., funding/grant sources and process; research ethics; methodology).
- Experience developing or supporting the development of policies or procedures that define and promote information/data stewardship management principles
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.