SUSHI JO JAPANESE RESTAURANT, located at 597 Cliffe Ave, Courtenay, BC V9N 2J5, Canada, is currently looking for One (1) permanent, full time RESTAURANT COOK experienced. If you are interested, please submit your resume by e-mail or mail.
- Position: RESTAURANT COOK (Japanese Cuisine – Hot Food)
- Vacancy: One
- Terms of employment: Full-time, Permanent
- Compensation: $18.00 per hour
- Working hours: 40 hours per week
- Work conditions: Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Work under pressure, Attention to detail
- Personal suitability: Flexibility, Team Player, Organized, Reliability, Dependability
- Benefits: 4% of vacation pay / Free meals at work and tips
- Prepare and complete Japanese foods such as sushi rolls, maki, tempura, udon, bento, etc.
- Cook various deep-fried seafood and vegetable tempura and treat deep fry oils safely and dispose used oil in proper manner
- Follow proper plate presentation and be responsible for reflecting customers’ feedback
- Plan and create new menus and prepare various sauces
- Ensure quality of food and determine size of food portions and estimate food requirements, costs
- Supervise kitchen helpers with respect to food preparation
- Oversee, manage kitchen operations and train kitchen staff
- Monitor, maintain food inventory, supplies and equipment and order them when needed
- Clean kitchen, work areas and abide by safety and hygiene rule.
- Completion of secondary school
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a cook in a commercial restaurant (or) Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks (or) Completion of college or other program in cooking is required