Retail Store Manager
Gary Johal Holding Inc. dba Petro Canada
1090 Westminster Avenue Penticton British Columbia V2A 1L5
Salary: $29.00/Hour for 35 hours/week
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Language: English Start
Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Retail Trade Managers (0621)
NOC Job Title: Retail Store Manager
Job Location 1090 Westminster Avenue Penticton British Columbia V2A 1L5
Petro Canada located at 1090 Westminster Avenue Penticton British Columbia V2A 1L5 is independently owned and operated one stop shop for gas and other convenient store items. Currently we have employment opportunity for a Retail Store Manager.
As a Retail Store Manager, you will be responsible to:
• Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of Gary Johal Holding Inc. dba Petro Canada.
• Manage staff and assign duties.
• Work with vendors to bring in effective marketing displays for the sales floor and store windows.
• Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors’ operations on sales.
• Determine merchandise and services to be sold and implement price and credit policies.
• Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale.
• Develop and implement marketing strategies.
• Plan budgets and authorize expenditures.
• Resolve customer complaints.
• Determine staffing requirements and hire or oversee hiring of staff.
• Maintain inventory by implementing purchasing plans and staying in contact with vendors and shippers.
Benefits Position is entitled to benefits as per BC Employment standards act. As per collective agreement, 4% Vacation pay of gross salary will be paid each pay period with 10 days of unpaid vacation annual, or the option to choose 10 days of paid vacation annually with no vacation pay on each pay period.
• Education: Completion of secondary school is mandatory. A university degree or college diploma in business administration will be an asset.
• Experience: 2-3 years of related retail sales experience with at least 1 year of experience at increasing levels such as supervisory role is required.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• Proficiency in MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel
Candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Youth, Visible Minorities, Indigenous people, Person with disabilities, Veterans of Canadian Armed force, First Nation, Aboriginals, Seniors and newcomers to Canada with the above listed skills are welcome to apply.
How to apply Interested candidates can apply, only selected will be contacted.
Mail: 1090 Westminster Avenue Penticton British Columbia V2A 1L5