Cannabis Consultants, Cannabis Operations
RSW G3, Regular, Part-Time – Penticton
There are four (4) vacancies
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain.
The Cannabis Product Consultants within the LDB cannabis stores are the first point of contact in developing customer relationships and are the cannabis subject matter experts for both customers and staff. The successful results of these relationships are loyal life long customers who base their purchasing decisions on the suggestions of our Cannabis Consultants.
The person in this role must demonstrate a passion for transferring the knowledge of, and selling of, cannabis products. This role requires an individual who has excellent communication skills, is energetic, and has a willingness to learn, train others and achieve results.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process. Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
An eligibility list for temporary or permanent future opportunities may be established. An enhanced security screening check is required.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Ray Sandhu Advisor, HR – Talent & Compensation by phone at 604-252-8569. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at www.bcldb.com
Education and Experience:
• A minimum of one year of recent (within the last five years), related experience working in a sales environment with a high level of customer interaction is required.
• Basic cannabis knowledge is required.
Preferred qualifications include:
• Experience in a retail environment.
• Experience working with a computerized retail system, including Point of Sale and Inventory Management applications.
• Demonstrated proficiency in delivering an Omni-channel/consumer experience.
• Diploma or certificate in business or a related field.
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
• Knowledge of cannabis products.
• Working knowledge of a computerized retail system, including Point of Sale and Inventory Management applications.
• Current external business environment conditions which have an impact on the LDB business: retail trends, consumer preferences, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent customer-focused interpersonal skills; conflict resolution
• Strong selling skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Effective written and oral communication skills