An eligibility list for future temporary opportunities may be established.
There are three (3) vacancies.
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of two branches of Government responsible for the wholesale distribution and retail sale of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis. In 2018/19 the LDB recorded gross sales of $3.6 billion, generating a net income of $1.104 billion that supported vital public services including health care and education. It has a workforce of approximately 4600 full- and part-time employees working across 197 BC Liquor Stores, two BC Cannabis Stores (online and standalone), a Head Office, three Wholesale Customer Centres and three Distribution Centres. The LDB is led by a General Manager and CEO who is responsible for administering the Liquor Distribution Act and the Cannabis Distribution Act, subject to direction from the Minister. As part of BC’s mixed-model retail system for liquor and non-medical cannabis, the LDB is committed to providing customers with an enhanced shopping environment, an expansive product selection and a high level of service.
The Cannabis Product Consultants within the LDB cannabis stores are the first point of contact in developing customer relationships and are the cannabis subject matter experts for both customers and staff. The successful results of these relationships are loyal life long customers who base their purchasing decisions on the suggestions of our Cannabis Consultants.
The person in this role must demonstrate a passion for transferring the knowledge of, and selling of, cannabis products. This role requires an individual who has excellent communication skills, is energetic, and has a willingness to learn, train others and achieve results.
Part-time employees are guaranteed 17 hours per week and are on call for up to 35 hours per week. Open availability during the hours of operation is required.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process. Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Kriti Verma by phone at 604-252-8578. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at www.bcldb.com
- A minimum of one year of recent (within the last five years), related experience working in a sales environment with a high level of customer interaction is required.
- Basic cannabis knowledge is required.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in a retail environment.
- Experience working with a computerized retail system, including Point of Sale and Inventory Management applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in delivering an Omni-channel/consumer experience.
- Diploma or certificate in business or a related field.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of cannabis products.
- Working knowledge of a computerized retail system, including Point of Sale and Inventory Management applications.
- Current external business environment conditions which have an impact on the LDB business: retail trends, consumer preferences, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer-focused interpersonal skills; conflict resolution
- Strong selling skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
An enhanced security screening check is required.