ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the Store keepers while responsible for running the daily operations of the site including gas station and convenience store.
- Maintaining sufficient inventory and ordering routine merchandise.
- Hire and Train new sales staff members.
- Formulate reports regarding merchandising, sales volumes and other matters.
- Assign work duties to workers and prepare work schedules with the management/ ownership
- Sell merchandise to customers.
- Resolve customer complaints when needed.
- Determine staffing requirements and resolve any issues such as work schedule changes, sick calls, additional staffing requirements.
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment and follow all company protocol
- Prepare necessary paperwork and ensure accuracy of weekly sales audit.
- Handle cash and receipts for the sale of merchandise by performing duties such as counting the float, balancing cash, providing change, sorting and securing cash.
- Perform other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to supervise 2 to 3 employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Possess an understanding and working knowledge of MS Office suite to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Minimum one year of work experience as a supervisor in a retail sales environment is required. Preference will be given to the applicant with Supervisory experience in a similar work setting.
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; standing for extended periods; Walking; Tight deadlines.
- Must be willing to work overtime and in rotating shifts i.e. morning, evening, night and weekends.