AMENDMENT: The Wage Grade has been been amended to reflect that it is the result of a Preliminary Job Evaluation
Please note: The salary/rate reflects 2017 rates
- Performs at a senior level all aspects of instructor led and web based training needs assessment, design, development, delivery and evaluation of end user training components of the city’s business applications primarily SAP ECC Financial & Logistics components including the following: Purchasing & Procurement, Reporting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Cost Centre Accounting, Project Systems, Asset Accounting, Inventory Management and PCard (Xponential).
- Designs, Develops and maintains training materials for sustainment and project work such as: lesson plans, manuals, quick reference guides, check lists, training exercises and other documentation.
- Delivers computer based training to end users for the SAP application primarily SAP ECC Financial & Logistics components including the following: Purchasing & Procurement, Reporting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Cost Centre Accounting, Project Systems, Asset Accounting, Inventory Management and PCard (Xponential).
- Maintains and updates transactional data in the Training environments.
- Consults with Divisions to develop customized training for new business initiatives.
- May also include the training and support to end users for evolving technologies related to the SAP applications and tools.
- Provides support and troubleshooting for questions and problems that have been escalated through the Corporate I&T Service Desk from enterprise end users of the Financial, Logistics & Public Sector components of SAP.
- Analyzes and resolves complex issues and problems.
- Develops and executes test case scenarios for new functionality, enhancements or changes to the SAP ECC application.
- Identifies and escalates testing issues to the Senior Financial SAP Application Specialist (SFASA).
- Participates as a team member on the completion of the semi-annual application of support packages and enhancement packs.
- Develops documentation of business process flows.
- Works with project teams to develop training materials and test case scenarios, consult with the Divisional staff and provide knowledge transfer to SAP support staff.
- Creates and updates service requests in SAP Solution Manager to track work assigned and request services as appropriate.
- Provides application support and knowledge transfer to other staff within the section.
- Performs SAP User Administration including: verification of SAP licence availability, Divisional authorization, completion of appropriate training and determination and assignment of the appropriate roles.
- Updates documents posted on Accounting Services web-site.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a discipline pertinent to the job function combined with relevant training and experience, or post-secondary certification in training needs assessment, design, development and delivery, or the approved equivalent combination of education and/ or experience.
- Extensive experience in SAP-ECC Financial Accounting, Logistics and Public Sector components, its structures and the integration between various components within the SAP Financial System. Components include any of the following: FI (GL, AP, AR, AA), CO (CCA, IO), PS (Project Systems), FM (Funds Management), MM, SD and IM (Inventory Management).
- Considerable experience in the design, development and the delivery, evaluation and organization of training courses/programs and materials in a classroom environment.
- Experience authoring SAP print based training materials.
- Demonstrated understanding of business processes such as the procure to pay process, financial accounting and logistics.
- Experience in identifying user requirements and producing associated documentation.
- Experience in the development and execution of test scenarios.
- Experience in accounting practices and systems with an understanding of municipal accounting principles.
- Experience working on SAP Implementation projects.
- Extensive working experience at an advanced level with the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio)
You must also have:
- Well-developed analytical, planning and organizational skills, and the ability to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with staff, all levels of management and internal/external service providers.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both orally and in writing).
- Ability to facilitate and present to both large and small groups
- Demonstrated understanding of adult education principles, practices, and SAP training methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a dynamic team environment, as well as project team setting.
- Ability to consult, analyze and solve problems effectively.
- Proven commitment to customer service, performance quality and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, to set priorities, plan and execute tasks.
- Ability to exercise discretion, judgement and work independently.
- Knowledge of electronic enterprise-wide issue tracking systems such as HP Service Manager or SAP Solution Manager would be an asset.
- Experience using uPerform would be an asset.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.