The Department of Foundations at Yellowhead Tribal College is seeking a full time Science Instructor.
Yellowhead Tribal College is an inclusive and open learning institution in Treaty 6 territory. We provide accredited programs in a flexible, supportive academic environment that nurtures FNMI cultures and traditions. The college was established in 1986 by Yellowhead Tribal Council to meet the educational needs of its member nations (Alexander First Nation, Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation, O’Chiese First Nation, and Sunchild First Nation). We now offer academic upgrading, certificates, diplomas, and post-secondary courses and degrees to all adult learners.
Under the direction of the Principal, the Science Instructor will carry out the duties expected by the Department Head and meet the instructional needs of the Post-Secondary Sciences in the University and College Entrance Preparation/Academic Upgrading (UCEP/AU) Programs. The incumbent will be responsible for the instruction of all Science courses, course development, participation in committees, meetings, and student advising in the UCEP/AU science courses.
Applicants should possess the following education and experience:
- Two years of post-secondary teaching experience preferred
- Experience with adult learners
- Knowledge of the Alberta High School Curriculum in the Sciences
- Computer literacy, particularly in Office Suite, Google Applications, and SMART boards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent human relation and student engagement skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Cultural competency in an Indigenous Education setting
- Extensive knowledge of Indigenous culture and issues
- Administrative experience