Senior Administrative Assistant – Full Time
Secondment May Be Considered
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting jointly to the Director of Service and Director of Finance and Administration, the Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and technical support services to the Senior Management team. The Senior Administrative Assistant will also provide support to ensure that administrative systems are functioning effectively and efficiently in support of smooth implementation of DBCFS services for staff, clients, visitors and the public at large. The Senior Administrative Assistant also acts as the backup to the Executive Assistant when absent, and assists in carrying out other duties as assigned by the Senior Management team through the director of Service.
- Assists with establishing and maintaining computerized and manual-filing systems as required.
- Assists with the collation and maintenance of monthly and quarterly statistical reports, quarterly financial reports, budget submissions and year-end reports.
- Assists with the maintenance of an inventory list and maintenance of equipment, furnishings and supplies including the licensing and maintenance of agency vehicles.
- Assists with preparations for groups/meetings, conferences.
- Runs errands as required, orders office supplies, and maintains office equipment as needed.
- Prepare, key in, update, edit and proofread correspondence, requisitions, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, budget spreadsheets, policies, reports and related material from electronic documents, and handwritten copy.
- Liaises with other service providers as deemed appropriate.
- Prepare agendas meeting packages, and minutes of meetings as requested.
- Coordinate, organize and confirm meetings, conferences, training sessions, travel arrangements, special events, as required.
- Provides clerical support, minute taking, and other administrative tasks for Director of Services, Director of Finance and Administration, and other Senior Managers as requested.
- Other Duties
- Ensures the effective implementation of other duties as determined by the Executive Director.
The successful applicant should have:
- College diploma in business administration or related field; or
- Minimum Grade 12 education with a minimum of five years administrative support experience substantially similar to this position’s responsibilities as listed.
- A solid understanding of and sensitivity to the experiences of First Nations and Indigenous peoples in Canada, and the impact of the legacy of Residential Schools and the “Sixties Scoop” upon them is essential.
- must be willing to travel, possess a valid class “G” driver’s license and a reliable vehicle with a $2 million rider liability
- ability to provide an acceptable Driver’s Abstract
- ability to provide an acceptable CPIC with VPSS and be bondable
- must be willing to work flexible hours
The successful applicant will show:
- Knowledge of standard office procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of computers and standard computer software programs (e.g. Excel, Word). Experience with MAC computers is essential.
- Working knowledge of a multi-line phone system, office equipment: fax, photocopiers, shredder, scanners etc.
- Knowledgeable about the cultures and significant characteristics of the DBCFS First Nations and Indigenous communities.
The successful applicant(s) will show the ability to:
- Effectively and efficiently use relevant computer software and other office equipment (e.g. copiers, scanners, etc.).
- Organize routine office work.
- Communicate effectively with both other staff and clients of DBCFS.
- Work cooperatively with other staff, management and the Board of Directors.
- Relate effectively to members of the community at large.
Salary Range: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Closing Date: Open Until Filled (First Screening: Wednesday, May 3, 2017)
Only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
For questions and a full Job Description please email email@example.com
Please send DBCFS Employment Application, cover letter, resume and 3 work related references to:
Laurie Paudash, HR Manager
Dnaagdawenmag Binnoojiiyag Child & Family Services,
517 Hiawatha Line,
Hiawatha First Nation, ON
- Persons of Aboriginal ancestry and members of DBCFS First Nations are encouraged to apply.
- Secondment may be considered.