About the Opportunity
Xaxli’p has an exciting opportunity for a skilled leader to take on the full-time role of Senior Administrative Officer.
Xaxli’p is part of the St’at’imc Nation and is located 15 kilometers from the Village of Lillooet in beautiful British Columbia. With a membership of over 1,000, approximately 450 members currently reside in the Community with tours also available in relation to St’at’imc culture.
Reporting directly to the Chief and Council, you will work closely with the Community and oversee the day-to-day administration affairs of Xaxli’p. This includes management of all government, economic development, finance, capital, operating, program and human resources affairs.
Key areas of responsibility include (but not limited to):
- Providing support and taking direction from Chief and Council regarding a Governance Strategy and Plan
- Providing support to Chief and Council in the development and review of Xaxli’p Strategic, Economic Development, and Community Plans
- Overseeing the development and management of the strategic Human Resource Plan and related policies
- Developing annual work plans and budgets, as well as providing support to Chief and Council regarding the management of financial affairs and entities
- Developing and reviewing proposals for funding and overseeing the management of funding agreements
- Ensuring that the financial affairs and accounting records of Xaxli’p are audited annually
- Maintaining community relations and ensuring that all members have knowledge and understanding of the programs, services, and opportunities of Xaxli’p
- Supporting Program Managers/Coordinators in the planning, development, and management of programs and services and monitoring the delivery of all Xaxli’p programs and services
- Identifying, recommending and communicating new economic development initiatives for Xaxli’p
- Monitoring relevant policies, regulations, and legislation to assist with negotiating economic development agreements with the government and outside organizations
- Ensuring that all policies of Xaxli’p are administered
The Successful Candidate
You will do well in this role if you have demonstrated business and financial acumen, as well as familiarity working with First Nation organizations and agencies, including the AANDC, FNHA and FNTC.
For this role, we are seeking someone with a degree in administration, business or a related discipline. You will also have previous experience in local government administration and have held a senior management role. With working knowledge of Indigenous governance, Title, and Rights, you will also have extensive experience with staff and budget management, funding, strategic planning, policy development, and program management.
Most importantly, our ideal candidate will demonstrate cultural sensitivity and a keen willingness to learn the unique history and facets of our Community. The ability to maintain transparency, build rapport with members and communicate the mandate of the Chief and Council is imperative for success in this role. As such, you will display strong communication, interpersonal and people management skills. Similarly, proven ability to manage multiple projects, facilitate change and meet key deliverables is essential.
The successful candidate will reside in the nearby town of Lillooet and is required to possess a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Upon joining Xaxli’p, you will receive an attractive remuneration package, based on your experience, skills, and qualifications. You will also receive access to a range of benefits, including medical and dental, pension plan, long and short-term disability, and more. Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding role where you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to in the community, this could be the role for you. Apply online today at http://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/86371