Senior Business Manager I : 00008HIQ
Employment Type: Regular
Supporting the Global Head of PCM Business Management, the role has a broad remit covering aspects of business analytics, business planning, project delivery tracking and business performance management. Responsible for planning and implementing short and long-term strategies to strengthen PCM’s position within the market, including, but not limited to:- Directing the execution of strategic change through business and process transformation across PCM Globally; undertaking business and market reviews to address specific in-country opportunities and threats; Coordinating and developing key MI globally, managing the completion of dashboards and contributing to the development of Operating Plans; Driving performance management, cost management and sales metrics management across PCM Globally. Facilitating of high quality communication between Regions, Global Businesses and Functions Producing high quality presentations and analysis for the various forums (EXCO, Town Halls, Deep dives) Leading the standardisation of core business management processes and coordinating efficient service enhancements through the application of continuous improvement methods and re-engineering initiatives The scope of activities undertaken by Business Management spans PCM’s Sales, Client Management, Product Management and e-Commerce organisation and related Support areas of Finance, HTS, Compliance, Legal, Operational Risk, HR and Communications. PCM is a USD6Bn business with activities spanning over 65 countries and reporting into two Global Businesses, CMB and GBM. The role demands are high requiring the ability to navigate through a complex management hierarchy and global foot print.
Impact on the Business
- Coordinate and run Monthly Business Reviews to drive management discipline through the business and run the monthly PCM EXCO
- Work with Strategy/Finance to drive PCM strategy and ROP exercises
- Monitor industry and client trends
- Drive PCM content and discussion on Global Business lead initiatives
- Identify, support and coordinate revenue & cost enhancements and share best practice globally
- Spearhead cost challenges by coordinating targets, implementation and monitoring & provide insight and analysis of the fastest-growing and least visible elements of cost-overhead.
- Lead a variety of projects / initiatives across PCM to improve business performance and facilitate alignment to achieve strategic objectives
- Oversee global sales pipeline reporting and tracking
- Provide input into the ARA process to ensure optimal representation of PCM
Customers / Stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with CMB and GBM to enhance the PCM relationship
- Collaborate closely with Global Functions (i.e. Finance, Marketing, Communications) to enhance the PCM relationship
- Regular dialogue to identify issues early and provide a Central point of escalation to our business partners
Leadership & Teamwork
- Build an effective network with Global PCM stakeholders promoting effective communication, cooperation and culture of partnership
- Share knowledge and industry publications with wider team and solicit feedback
- Support other members of the business management team to the fullest extent to achieve their goals
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Support in overseeing the monthly production, evaluation and interpretation of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc management reports
- Develop and monitor consolidated performance information against strategic plans
- Working closely with BRCM/ORIC to monitor risk in the business
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Ad-hoc requests with imminent deadlines – requires ability to work as part of a team and to be flexible to ensure the tasks are undertaken satisfactorily and deadlines are met.
- Capturing urgent / emerging issues facing the business, effectively articulate impact to PCM and lobby to resolve issues
- Driving strategic and analytical reviews through the business across a complex regional matrix management structure in five major regions
- Driving consistent and best practices throughout the countries and regions
- Ability to influence and collaborate with multiple stakeholders within PCM and with Global Businesses to drive strategic agenda and meet PCMs business objectives
- Be able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines to deliver output to the Global Head of PCM and Global Business
- The job holder needs to facilitate quality communication with PCM Globally, Global Business and Group Functions so that PCM Central Business Management is seen as responsive and supportive but ensuring tough questions are raised and answered. Influencing levels will be high and therefore overall impact significant, given broad remit of the role.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- BA in related discipline and 5-8 years of experience in related field OR MA and 3-5 years of experience in related field
- Knowledge of the PCM business and broader construct of HSBC’s Global Businesses
- Ability to multitask and prioritise a range of requests / actions to best support the Global Head of PCM
- Ability to prepare business cases, business plans
- Deliver quality reports, presentations under strict deadlines
- Highly numeracy and business presentation skills
- Ability to work within a small team structure and on solo tasks
- Display a high level of objectivity and ability to challenge senior management on various aspects of their business
- Understanding of Liquidity and payments and receivables products
Job Field : Commercial Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 08-Feb-2017, 16:26:30 Unposting Date : 18-Feb-2017, 23:59:00