Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide through our branch network, call centres, and digital and mobile banking. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division.
A day in the life of a Senior Contact Center Sales Service Representative include the following:
This position reports to the Account Services Team Leader and will provide operational support to the Direct Investing Center. Primary responsibilities will include processing of administrative requests as requested by clients, HSBC Branch representatives, and the Call Center representatives.
- Make outbound client and HSBC Branch representative calls, and other follow-up calls.
- Respond to inquiries from client, sales team, and Call Center. Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Receive and perform a compliance review on all new account opening documentation.
- Responsible for follow up on all deficiencies with sales team and clients to ensure all required documentation is received in a timely manner.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Postsecondary education or equivalent
- CSC an asset but not required.
- Working knowledge of day to day operations/administration of client accounts an asset.
- Back office Discount or Full Service brokerage experience preferred
- Well-developed communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed organization and prioritization skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word/Excel/Access
- Working knowledge of ISM an asset
- Strong time management skills
- Multilingual skills (English, French and/or Chinese) are considered an asset
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities build global relationships and professional networks
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group – one of the world’s largest banking and
Job Field : Adminstration & Secretarial
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Region Vacancy
Job Posting : Dec 5, 2017, 9:58:12 PM Unposting Date : Dec 12, 2017, 4:59:00 AM