Senior Contact Centre Service & Sales Representative : 00008R6Z
Employment Type: Regular
Handling customer contacts in a high volume contact center environment typically on multiple products and or propositions. Provides high quality service answering customer queries via Personal Internet Banking “PIB” secure message and the hsbc.ca public website to achieve maximum customer satisfaction by resolving the customer query at first contact where possible. “Listens” to the customer and establishes needs to offer relevant products by way of referral to the appropriate channel (Branch or Contact Centre Sales Team) as required. . Takes ownership and initiative to complete necessary research and customer follow up or direct the customer to the appropriate department for resolution. Responsible for achieving individual Key Performance Indicators whilst maintaining quality and compliance.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- Handles contacts with our HSBC customers in a polite and friendly way, instilling customer confidence and resolving customer’s issues at first contact where possible.
- Delivers what is promised in line with customer expectations
- Offers value added products and services based on customer needs analysis and by way of referral to the appropriate channel if required (Branch or Contact Centre Sales Team). Supports Global View, ATM and PIB from a technical perspective
Customers / Stakeholders
- Provides excellent customer service to complex customer requests received via PIB secure message or the Public Website by keeping up to date on training and internal communications
- Certified to handle multiple propositions (i.e. Advance, Premier, ) or multiple products (i.e. Loans, Mortgage, Core Banking, Cards)
- Generates customer loyalty through strong knowledge of key products and services
- Owns and resolves issues at first point of contact and understands how and when to escalate
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Acts as a role model for our Group Values and behaviors (Open, Connected, Dependable), supporting colleagues and customers to deliver superior customer service through these values.
- Values diversity amongst team
- Acts a as mentor to assist new joiners as required
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Knowledge of Group compliance, Operational Risk and SOX (Sarbanes- Oxley Requirements) for RBWM Centers
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards
- Awareness of all elements of Operational Risk associated with the role in compliance to SOX for contact centers
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Changing performance parameters (e.g. Scorecard changes)
- Understanding updates on procedural changes and compliance
- Achieving customer excellence in every contact
- The role operates within a RBWM Contact Centre and interacts with HSBC local and international customers, the post holder must have the ability to deal with different process, different countries, where applicable, and different customer attitudes and requests on a daily basis.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section 4 of the Group Operations FIM.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators (see HR FIM section 3.7 and GCL 050044 on Sarbanes Oxley and Internal Controls. Implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external regulators. To implement the Group Compliance Policy as applicable to your role in conjunction with the relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply within the country you reside and in relation to the countries migrating work to assigned GSC.
- To continually re-access the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures and the impact of new technology in conjunction with the donor Group companies.
- Secondary School graduation
- Minimum of Two years experience
- Must have education standard to at least high school diploma and be of a legal working age
- Must be proficient in language(s) required by the process
- Open to working flexible shifting schedules
- Must be flexible, customer centric and have the ability to thrive in a team environment seeking feedback and open to development
- Takes pride in delivering what is promised in line with the customer and service expectations
- Wants to do a good job, is concerned about getting it right for the customer and checks everything is in order
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment is required
- Proficiency with personal computers and basic software packages and specialized applications
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written as majority of customer responses will be via written message). and is polite and friendly at all times
- Displays patience and empathy
- A knowledge expert who has the ability to teach/mentor others
- Capacity to speak/understand French as well as English fluently.
Job Field : Sales
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Region vacancy
Job Posting : 13-Feb-2017, 17:40:52 Unposting Date : 27-Feb-2017, 23:59:00