Senior CRE Loan Closer (1 year fixed term contract) : 00008MJ3
Employment Type: Fixed term
This position manages the documentation and closing needs of a diverse, portfolio of Commercial Real Estate loans.
Impact on the Business
- Mitigate the Company’s documentation and operational risks, including serving as a screening process for issues impacting post-closing administration. Negotiate legal, policy and procedural components of loan documents, managing risks.
- Review CARM and create loan closing checklist for RM review. Checklist to be completed prior to loan funding.
- Compare to Facility Letter/Credit Agreement to CARM bring discrepancies to the RM/TL/SVP’s attention (level of escalation to be governed by the Functional Approval Authority Matrix (FAAM)
- Review Conditions Precedent items and compare to the CARM Application; bring discrepancies to the RM/TL/SVP’s attention (level of escalation to be governed by the FAAM
- Assist RM in discussions with the external lawyer/Borrower/Borrower’s lawyer relative to questions on the Facility Letter/Credit Agreement and/or loan security
- Ensure all required Know Your Customer (KYC) approvals are in place and signers on legal documents have been approved as applicable.
- Prepare pre-funding due diligence Funding Request Due Diligence (FRDDC) for RM and TL’s approval
- Assist on day of funding will follow-up with GSC to ensure loan is funded per Borrower’s timing expectation
- Complete initial review of loan documentation (Non-Negotiable) and bring any discrepancies to attention of the RM/TL/SVP (per FAAM). Once reviewed forward to CRE Credit Services for further review.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Review and understand commercial real estate loan terms and financial components; identify potential problems and solutions.
- Coordinate closing activities with all parties involved.Complete closing process, ensuring all fees are accounted for, all exceptions and outstanding items (e.g. conditions precedent) are identified and the file is complete.
- Review file and reports from solicitors; provide guidance and training to less experienced personnel.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC’s Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- Minimum of four years proven and progressive commercial loan closing experience or equivalent; experience closing syndicated construction loans preferred.
- Paralegal certificate or Bachelor’s degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven communications, analytical, organizational, follow-up and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of real estate documentation, risk management and collateral monitoring; basic knowledge of pertinent state laws.
Job Field : Operations
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 24-Jan-2017, 11:53:36 Unposting Date : 24-Jan-2017, 23:59:00