Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations
Senior Land Acquisition Officer
Salary: $72,095.17 – $82,478.97 annually
The Forest Tenures Branch supports the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operation’s provincial timber harvesting program by providing administrative and operational staff services as well as expert advice to executive, field staff and external clients. General areas of responsibility include developing and maintaining resource tenures and engineering legislation, regulations, operational policies and procedures and operational policy support for Forests and Range Practices Act (FRPA) implementation. The Branch also designs and maintains resource and engineering tenure agreements, coordinates tenure projects and provides property acquisition and disposal services. Further to this, the Branch provides data custodian services for Forest Tenures as well as representing the Ministry in interactions with various other provincial agencies, industry representatives, the public, private land owners and community interests.
The Senior Land Acquisition Officer acts as the Ministry expert in all matters relating to the acquisition, lease and management of properties used by the Ministry for operational purposes supporting the natural resource sector by providing professional expertise and advice to Ministry Executive and administrative direction, leadership and supervision to section staff.
Qualifications for this role include:
- University degree or diploma in Urban Land Economics, Geography, Planning, Natural Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Law or other relevant discipline.
- Registered, or eligible to register within one year, with a professional designation in AACI Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute, RI(BC) Professional member Real Estate Institute of British Columbia, SRWA Senior Member International Right-of-Way Association or equivalent.
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating standard operating policies and procedures, interpreting and working with government legislation, policies and procedures.
- Minimum 5 years’ project management experience related to the acquisition, lease and management of land and real estate.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience conducting interest-based property negotiations and interpreting and working with government legislation, policies and procedures.
- Preference may be given to applicants with supervisory experience.
For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by March 6th 2017, please visit: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=39056