Senior Manager Customer Correspondence : 00008OVU
Employment Type: Fixed-Term
Responsible for owning RBWM customer correspondence development, editing and final review. Inclusive of correspondence that gives customer due notice and information with respect to our relationship with them (e.g. Global Standards initiatives, requests for additional information, changes in terms and conditions, account closure, disposal of HSBC business or change in bank ownership); gives notification, either by letter or email, of material changes to products and services, including pricing changes, servicing changes (e.g. branch changes, RM changes); alerts customers to any obligations or mandated requirements we may need them to fulfill; provides information on events which may give customers cause for concern or gives notification of regulatory requirements or changes that may impact them (e.g. FATCA), that may also require a response from them.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- Develop and implement effective, compelling, high quality, clear customer planned operational correspondence messages at the country level that meet the communication and business objectives
- Enhance customer and employee awareness of global/region/country/business initiatives and key messages
- Responsible for owning and ensuring customer correspondence meets Clear Language policy, owned by Customer Experience, Customer Value Management
- Leads the business with ensuring issue requiring correspondence is understood by all stakeholders, articulating customer centric message to ensure high quality on all non-marketing Customer Correspondence, inclusive of automated/system generated notices and ensuring the contents support customer understanding and customer satisfaction
- Leveraging customer feedback and continuously driving change to enhance customer correspondence to meet customer needs and enquiries
- Ensures a great attention to detail in all customer correspondence that is implemented, ensuring all questions have been raised, resolved and Senior Leadership is engaged on final message issued
- Leads strategic engagement of stakeholders to consider complex scenarios during the development of customer and staff facing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and internal communications required to support customer correspondences being launched
- Leads the final review and edits on complex escalated complaints with the Customer Relations Team to ensure premium quality output to customers who have escalated their complaints, inclusive to responses that are issued from our President’s office
- Ensure compelling customer driven approach is included in all customer and employee communications
- Develop and deliver the strategy to drive and embed customer experience at the heart of both proposition management and across the company
- Act as the Lead for the business on customer experience, providing local market insight in support of Group propositions and strategy
- Lead for the business on asking customer centric scenario enquiries to promote deeper thinking around the circumstance to ensure all items are covered and communication is aligned to our purpose, strategies and values
- Carry out customer experience analysis, understanding and innovation
- Nurture a culture of ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ (TCF) through driving awareness and effective implementation of initiatives to de-risk the business
Customers / Stakeholders
- Strong relationship management with stakeholders, develops and maintains trust
- Conveys and manages stakeholder expectations on the role and level of support correspondence provides
- Maintains knowledge of stakeholder requirements and correspondence best practice (both internal and external) to influence the future direction for RBWM customer correspondence
- Ensures plans and activities are visible and integrated into the consolidated plan for country correspondence
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Works seamlessly and collaboratively within RBWM and with other key stakeholders
- Educates and guides RBWM teams on opportunities to positively position the business correspondence
- Promotes the sharing of knowledge and best practices across the Group and shares knowledge of the global businesses within the customer experience team
- Displays highly developed interpersonal skills to lead, coach, motivate and inspire all parts of the business to achieve RBWM’s strategic aims
- Demonstrates a high standard of HSBC’s values
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Support the business with reviewing and editing all non-marketing Customer Correspondence and ensuring the contents support customer understanding and customer satisfaction
- Actively contribute to the creation of RBWM customer correspondence
- Provide robust input to design and act as escalation point for issues that need resolving
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Able to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and balance the needs of stakeholders with the customer in mind
- Reports to the Head of Customer Experience & Customer Relations
- Supports and defines all customer correspondence for all propositions
- The role plays a key part in driving customer correspondence and embedding customer experience at the heart of both proposition management and development across the company
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the Group Values: Dependable, Open and Connected.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring and by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will not be subject to close supervision, and will be expected to exercise independent initiative and judgment in proactively overcoming interdependencies, opportunities or risks. He /She will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work and an outstanding level of professionalism and conduct.
- The job is a major point of contact between the business areas. The jobholder works independently and has high level of flexibility to consult with business at the Senior Management level.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Minimum of seven year proven business communications and correspondence management and development experience, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, related field or equivalent experience
- Highly financially literate
- Understanding of all aspects of the RBWM business and strategy
- Strong planning and organization with the ability to make tough decisions
- Innovative, self-starter who can make decisions which affect a Global business
- Analytical skills, with the ability to identify and address areas for development / improvement
- The ability to act on own initiative and exercise creativity in problem solving, coordinating a wide variety of solutions into one or more projects
- Customer drive: anticipate customer needs (internal & external)
- Experience with customer service handling
- Exhibits a strong customer driven mentality and commitment to providing the highest level of service
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to balance a range of competing priorities and evidence the ability to lead a team to deliver multiple outputs at one time requiring delivery to tight deadlines
Job Field : Marketing
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 09-Feb-2017, 11:29:17 Unposting Date : 23-Feb-2017, 23:59:00