Senior Manager Risk Controls & Operational Effectiveness : 00008NS0
Employment Type: Regular
Responsible for business oversight of risk control and self-governance within the RBWM risk frame work, working with internal partners (including Audit, Compliance, ORIC, Fraud and Security, Information Risk, etc.) and representing the business on risk committees. Review and develop strategies for improving overall efficiencies and operational effectiveness within HIDC through process re-design and product introduction
Impact on the Business
- Ensure that risks of the following areas are appropriately identified, measured, reported and managed so that business objectives are achieved within the organization’s tolerances for risk and in compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies and standards: Operational risk, Information risk, Vendor risk, Compliance risk and dark corners.
- Manage all aspects of risk controls and organize audit control meetings and reporting
- Primary liaison with BRBWM Risk Teams & Oversight Committees
- Accountable for BCP/DR planning and oversight of all related activities for both contacts center operations and online channel
- Act as main point of contact for external risk teams and RBWM, providing advice, consultation and direction to management to ensure risk management processes are in accordance with internal and external standards and guidelines/regulations
- As Subject Matter Expert, assist in the design and implementation of a report monitoring system that is sufficient to demonstrate RBWM’s state of compliance, satisfy Corporate governance and external testing requirements
- Manage and monitor the RCA & MSII processes, ensuring ongoing review of business operations are completed and any potential risk is identified and addressed
- Responsible for executing against the Vendor Risk management process when negotiating 3rd party relationships.
- Participates in the onboarding of new Vendor relationships/Product, ensuring maximizing vendor capabilities while minimizing risk to the business
- Represents and provides consultation to the HIDC Senior Management Group to ensure InvestDirect meets and exceeds its overall operational risk control frame work as it pertains to RBWM
- Other activities as assigned
Customers / Stakeholders
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- As ABM responsible for the branch daily & Monthly supervision reviews, ensuring branch regulatory requirements are maintained.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Business Partners / sponsors, internal and external partners.
- Responsible for working with both internal and external partners to identify and improve HIDC operations improving overall efficiencies for the business
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the NBCN relationship and related activities to achieve improved services and product offerings to HIDC
- Participates and attends defects meeting with IT to oversee and prioritize Change requests for the firm, both branch and web channel
- Represents the business with internal and external audits as required
- Oversee compliance, internal and operational risk controls and AML in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards and policies; report issues and operational loss events
- Primary liaison with Technology, Operations, Finance and other internal and external departments in order to provide streamlined processes and services. Provides leadership and resources where required to facilitate the full analysis, requirements gathering and testing of initiatives
- Act as Chair for Procedures Committee and representative for the HSBC Good Governance Committee
- Responsible for investigating, resolving and reporting fraudulent activities and privacy breaches
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience within Brokerage industry
- Minimum four years proven and broad based risk experience or equivalent, including experience of Audit, Risk, Compliance or Security related activity or equivalent
- Proven experience in partnering and influencing employees and key stakeholders to meet and exceed business goals
- Extensive knowledge of the Canadian investment industry, including financial products, markets, regulations and industry practices, typically acquired through extensive management experience within the on-line brokerage environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven management and leadership skills, with solutions focus
- Licensed with the IIROC as Supervisor ABM/ BM
- Completion of the CSC and CPH (Canadian Securities Course and Conduct and Practices Handbook)
- Completion of the Branch Manager’s Course
- Completion of the Partner, Director and Officers exam an asset
Job Field : Risk Management
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Region vacancy
Job Posting : 27-Jan-2017, 17:39:23 Unposting Date : 10-Feb-2017, 23:59:00