Senior Policy Analyst
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of children and youth in Ontario? Consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Children and Youth Services. This position offers a challenging opportunity to provide leadership and expertise on a number of policy initiatives related to the healthy development of children and youth in Ontario, with a focus on Indigenous children and youth.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Lead and coordinate projects and lead and undertake all aspects of policy, program planning and development
- Lead, coordinate and undertake policy research and analysis to support policy and program recommendations
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with First Nations, Métis, Inuit and urban Indigenous organizations
- Research and coordinate resources from various sources
How do I qualify?
Knowledge of Policy Development
- You have knowledge of and experience with policy and program development principles and techniques
- You have knowledge of social theory and how it relates to Indigenous children and youth services
- You have knowledge of relevant legislation and strategic directions for an integrated child and youth service agenda incorporating Indigenous children
- You have knowledge of policy and program analysis and evaluation techniques to assess the effectiveness and outcomes of policies and programs
Project Management, Consultation and Interpersonal Skills
- Research and project management skills to plan and conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies
- Consultation and relationship management skills to establish key stakeholder linkages across ministries and organizations and to work collaboratively on policy development projects
- Consensus building, mediation and negotiation skills to gain support on policy and program initiatives and resolve issues
Communication and Facilitation Skills
- You have oral and written communication skills and can prepare and present reports and recommendations, address groups and organizations and prepare submissions and briefings to management
- You can facilitate and represent the ministry at inter-ministerial tables to advise on policy issues to working committees and stakeholders
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Plan, design and undertake various types of research to develop policy and program options, frameworks and operational guidelines
- Assess information in developing policy and program proposals and evaluate policy facts
- Identify issues and analyse interests of stakeholders and develop policies and solutions that address concerns
Salary Range: $69,496 – $102,408 per year
- 1 Permanent, 2 Bloor St W, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, May 4, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 106749 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.