Senior Premium Banker : 00008ILF
Employment Type: Regular
- The role is a client facing role managing and optimize non-wealth qualified and mass affluent/emerging market portfolio by providing wealth management services to meet customer’s needs across multiple distribution channels.
- The role holder has a responsibility to acquire, develop and retain relationships with mass affluent & potential Premier clients. This will be achieved by active management of a portfolio of non-wealth qualified and mass affluent clients, acquiring new HSBC clients and upgrading existing clients within their portfolio to Premier clients. It will also entail reviewing the portfolio regularly to ensure the solutions are still suitable to meet clients’ needs and embed client loyalty by meeting their needs either directly or through other internal business partners.
- In order to deliver the business objectives you will need to refer wealth qualified business to appropriate parties following proposition protocol and attract business with new clients by understanding their financial needs and delivering high standards of service quality. The identification of opportunities for wealth & credit reviews and delivering wealth & credit solutions are amongst the key activities to achieve your goals.
- In delivering the business objectives you must also maintain the levels of operational integrity required by HSBC Group, closely managing your individual and the collective performance of your wider team. Creating and maintaining an environment and relationships where you and the wider Branch team maximize performance in achieving the RBWM business objectives.
- You are accountable for the performance of your portfolio and need to ensure it is effectively run managing to the Target Operating Model (TOM) as defined by HSBC Group.
Impact on the Business
- Contributes to branch profitability by proactively networking and relationship managing a diverse range of non-wealth qualified and low tier Premier customers in order to:
- assess and evaluate the future value of the customer align the customer into the right customer segment
- maintain, penetrate and optimize the customer’s Total Relationship Balance with the bank to upsell them to higher tier Premier segment
- Contributes to branch profitability by proactively networking with team managed Advance clients who are nearing Premier wealth qualification in order to:
- maintain, penetrate and optimize the customer’s total relationship balance and convert them into a Premier wealth qualified customer
- Execute market strategy, acquire and develop new business and identify revenue opportunities.
- Make qualified referral to Wealth Management business partner and other HSBC Business partners.
- Maintains current knowledge of investment products and services and proactively manages the impact of the external market on customers.
- Ensures compliance, operational and system controls in accordance with HSBC regulatory standards and government regulations.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Pursues targeted non-wealth qualified Premier and mass affluent opportunities to fully service existing and prospective clients’ financial needs (deposits, investment, Credit and other banking needs).
- Have customer centric needs based conversation with clients following the global wealth sales process of EDRAS
- Acts as the key relationship manager and main contact for non- wealth qualified Premier and lower tier Premier customers as well as Premier Eligible Advance customers
- Builds portfolio through proactive customer relationships, proactively networking to attract new to bank clients, portfolio management and referring to other areas of the business where appropriate.
- Encourage and educate clients to facilitate the use of appropriate alternative delivery channel.
- Exceed customer expectations in terms of speed, efficiency, certainty and professionalism, either face to face or through an alternate channel.
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
- Achieve agreed KPI objectives by development of existing and new relationships
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Work as part of an integrated branch and multi-channel Advance and Premier management team and proactively supporting others.
- Provide guidance and coaching to more junior team members where appropriate.
- Actively participates and assists with all Bank promotional programs, sales targets and direct marketing initiatives.
- Participates in business development programs within area of specialty to enhance product knowledge, cross selling skills and relationship management skills.
- Actively refers customers to other areas of HSBC where appropriate.
- Demonstrate Group capabilities.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- The bank seeks to grow its RBWM business by understanding and fulfilling clients’ needs, through an efficient operation and the pursuit of providing clients with globally consistent experiences, excellent service. In the face of fierce competition in this segment the bank is seeking to grow the significance of this group in their contribution to our business.
- We should also recognize our responsibility to the community in which we operate and improve the bank’s profile within those communities building economic value for the bank and its shareholders.
- A Senior Premium Banker requires the following key attributes:
- Excellent sales and people management skills
- Client driven with a strong focus on quality of service
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- A strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability
- An excellent understanding of wealth management and understanding client need
- The jobholder forms an integral part of the wider HSBC management team. As part of this wider team the jobholder is expected to identify opportunities in their day to day activities that directly or indirectly contribute to the success of colleagues with differing responsibilities, particularly in other areas of HSBC such as Commercial and Premier.
- Work is moderately complex involving routine and non-routine situations / challenges.
- Position will provide oversight from a range of simple to fairly complex circumstances and will have designated authority within a possibility of having assigned limits.
- Work is specialized in nature and performed under general direction according to established methods and processes.
- Requires initiative and independent judgment in completing work, with unfamiliar situations or challenges addressed by the next level manager.
- Problem resolution involves judgment in applying or adapting procedures to address situations as well as searching for precedents or opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Outcomes are reviewed in terms of adherence to general policies, accuracy of methods, continuous improvement, and general efficiency.
- Work is reviewed for the attainment of standards, achievement of targets, adherence to policies, procedures, and timelines.
- Decisions have a direct impact on the functional area, customers and other employees.
- May work in call center or branch environment where systems are available in meeting services quality objectives.
- May be required to work shifts outside of regular business hours.
- May be required to travel within region to backfill sales responsibilities.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our clients is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- University / College degree or combination of education and equivalent and related work experience.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a customer facing role in the banking industry.
- Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires completion of:
- Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and
- Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
- Completion of HSBC internal training/accreditation course such as:
- HSBC Way of Selling/HSBC Consultative Selling Skills
- Completion of HSBC Premier Academy.
- World Selection (training provided by Asset Management Canada, AMCA).
- Other sales, service and product training as required
- Working towards Personal Financial Planning Designation (PFP); For Quebec only, ICB certificate of achievement – Advanced Personal Finance.
- Understanding of HSBC’s regulation, practices and procedure governing RBWM deposit, lending and investments.
- Aware of market conditions affecting their customer portfolios.
- Career minded with well-developed business development and relationship management skills.
- Proven ability to sell and meet set sales / performance targets in a sales role.
- Advanced communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal
- Willingness to be mobile in local community
- Able to communicate well in English
- Strong technical skills in wealth management
- Strong communication, client focus and influencing skills
- Strong sales orientation, networking and portfolio management skills
- Understands / speaks Cantonese / Mandarin is an asset
Job Field : Sales
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Markham
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Region vacancy
Job Posting : 14-Feb-2017, 11:48:55 Unposting Date : 28-Feb-2017, 23:59:00