Senior Product Manager : 00008JC9
Employment Type: Regular
Senior Manager Manages the development, implementation and performance of FX products supporting the retail Bank. The position carries responsible for ensuring delivery of the bank’s annual balance sheet and revenue objectives relating to FX products and maximizing contribution to economic profit.
Impact on the Business
- Manage the development in collaboration with Global Banking and Markets various FX, programmes and strategies designed to profitably manage the FX product set. Ensure strategic positioning of price and product features in a way that aligns to the Banks’ overall RBWM product strategy.
- Analysis and scenario modeling that facilitates a range of deliverables relating to FX Products and Customer Propositions.
- Examples are the following: Financial planning cycles. Product manufacture & demise/rationalisaton. Analysis and reconciliation of fee income by product.
- Conduct product ‘profiling’ on a periodic basis (range of behavioral analytics, price sensitivity, market trends etc).
- Tactical and strategic price proposals etc;
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure close coordination of activities with Marketing, Data Analytics and Propositions, to foster a team approach in meeting product needs of customers with profitable, desirable, relationship-focused products. Deliver presentations, explain technical and processing complexities, complete Requests for Proposal and represent the Company at industry forums.
- Support bank marketing campaigns with product offers and positioning that align with the bank’s target customer segment and revenue projections.
- Track sales and program performance and adjust plans as necessary to ensure program success throughout the year.
- Work in partnership with appropriate delivery channels to respond to requests for new or enhanced products.
- Oversee the provision of product awareness training for customer facing and support staff.
- In conjunction with Corporate Marketing, oversee billing for products & services and the preparation of management information for sales and revenue tracking.
- Oversee third party vendor management, evaluation and implementation of application service providers and coordination of security and risk management.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- The position carries out overall strategic objectives and goals of FX products
- Monitor external conditions, including markets, competition, demographics and regulations, to ensure products meet customer needs while maintaining market competitiveness and profitability. Ensure activities comply with pertinent external regulations.
- Ensure identification of cross-sell opportunities and development and implementation of related programs.
- Implement the Group compliance policy locally by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Wealth is a key priority and a major growth area for RBWM Canada. FX products is part of the Wealth Management function. The role of the Wealth Development function is to ensure the optimal wealth product suite is available and offered to the right customer at the right time and in the best possible way. As the RBWM business works to acquire the right type of new customer and capture greater share of wallet from our existing base, increasing strategic focus and resource is now being marshalled to build and support HBCA’s core customer propositions – Premier, Advance and Mass. As both product development and marketing align behind these customer propositions, the Wealth Development team needs to ensure that overall pricing for HBCA products as well as features broadly align with a ‘good, better, best’ positioning.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized tertiary institute or equivalent experience in business, financial services or related field is required.
- Sound and thorough knowledge of FX proposition and services industry in Canada, the products offered and pertinent regulations affecting their delivery.
- 10+ proven and progressively responsible experience in the financial services industry with emphasis on business development, product management, finance and profitability The post is a blend of both business and IT/operations and requires a person equally comfortable working alongside business (product, marketing, sales) and IT and operations functions to deliver innovative products to market in support of the Bank’s principal customer propositions. The role requires the post holder to be able to articulate business requirements to IT colleagues, understand thoroughly the sales and sales fulfillment process as it relates to deposit and credit products.
- Superior strategic planning, analytical, statistical, project management skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must; strong cognitive skills; an understanding of the strategic goals of retail banking.
- Proven strong inter-personal and influencing skills that demonstrate an ability to build consensus across a diverse group of stakeholders; strong management, negotiation networking skills to be able to work in a complex environment where matrix management and competing priorities are a reality to deal with each day. The person must be a strong manager of people, an organisational team player able to build a cohesive team that fosters high performance and a strong customer focus.
- The post holder must be a well rounded individual capable of handling many competing demands. He/ she must have a proven track record in developing and implementing deposits products that deliver competitive advantage for the Bank to drive sales and revenues as well as superior customer service.
- This post operates in a fast paced environment and requires a person who is a self-starter, is highly motivated to do well, welcomes targets and accountability for meeting them and is proactive in delivering superior products and service for our customers.
Job Field : Marketing
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 30-Jan-2017, 08:59:20 Unposting Date : 13-Feb-2017, 23:59:00